Chapter 46

Three days have gone by since I arrived at California meaning today is the day Vere will become Tyler's fiancé. Time has really gone by since Vere and I were little, can't believe I didn't realize before how grown up we were or well are. Vere's family's along with Tyler's arrived yesterday to be here for the proposal and now we're all here waiting for Tyler to bring Vere to the treehouse he rented out.

"You ready?" Dylan's asks much to my confusion. "Why are you asking me if I'm ready? I'm not the one getting proposed to." I say with a small laugh from behind our hiding spot which has a perfect view of the area where Tyler will be proposing. He has these big light up letters that say 'Marry Me' with rose petals all around and has practiced with Vere's dog to bring him the engagement ring, lets just hope that part goes well.

"Not yet at least." He replies to my statement placing a kiss to my temple. "But I'm asking you because she is your best friend, I'm just wondering how you're feeling." He says while rubbing my arms in comfort. "Well I won't lie Dylan I'm a bit nervous, I just want everything to go perfect, she deserves this." I say with a sigh checking my phone for any updates from Tyler on their whereabouts.

"And everything will come out great, you'll see. Now stop worrying and live in the moment of it." He says while shaking me causing a giggle to escape my lips. "Alright, alright, I'll stop stressing." I say with a smile as I hug him although our hug was cut short by my phone vibrating.

"We're here." - Tyler

"They're here! Everyone get into position." I start to whisper yell at everyone seeing as they're all rushing around to get into their positions. "Come on I just got you to calm down." Dylan sighs. "I'm fine Dyl, I promise. But I need to play my part as the future fiancés best friend. Which is making sure everything goes perfect, I'll be completely calm once this is over." I say with a comforting smile. "No you won't." He says before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh how well you know me." I say before limping over to my position which is making sure the camera is recording everything perfectly and that Vere's dog actually gives Tyler the ring. Funny right? Making the girl with an injury in her ankle run after the dog if it escapes with the ring.

"Tyler what are you doing?" I hear Vere say as I quickly duck, but soon realize Tyler thankfully decided to blindfold Vere. "Come on it's a surprise, just a few more steps." He continues to guide her towards the center of the tree house. "If I-" Vere begins to say but is quickly cut off by Tyler assuring her she won't trip.

Tyler turns to me and I give him a reassuring nod, cute, he's nervous.

"Can I take off the blindfold now?" Vere asks. "Yeah, let me help you take it off." He says as he goes to help her with blindfold. As soon as the blindfold is off, Vere's attention instantly fell on the sign next to them. "Tyler if you're pranking me." Vere begins saying as she turns to look at Tyler who is now on one knee.

"I promise you, that this isn't like one those pranks I pulled on you in the past. This is real. I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life by your side, if you would let me. So, would you do me the honor of being my partner in crime for the rest of our lives?" He asks with tears forming in both their eyes. "Yes!" She says, both of them jumping into each other's arms and I to slightly guide her dog towards them with the rings.

'Come on boy, please don't make me run after you' I mentally say to myself as I cross my fingers.

Thankfully, the rings were delivered and as soon as they were delivered everyone ran out of their hiding spots to congratulate the couple. Dylan coming towards me to help me walk over to them as it would take me forever by myself.