Chapter 44

"You should come to California this weekend since your off." Dylan says as we head into the airport.

I look at him in shock, I am a complete idiot how did I not think of this sooner. It would be great I get to see the gang again, I can even surprise them.

"That is a great idea and I hate that I wasn't the one that came up with it." I say with a smile but ended with a small pout. "Well that just shows who truly is the best in this relationship." Dylan says as we stop before we reach the point I can't go past in the airport.

"Haha very funny Dylan." I say with a joking glare. "We all know that's me, but seriously, I'll definitely be going to California then this weekend, just remind me to not get an extra shift, you know how much I love my job." I say as we swing side to side in the middle of our hug not caring about the stares we're getting from people.

"And this time you'll stay at my house?" Dylan asks with his adorable puppy eyes causing me to let out a small laugh. "Yes, I promise I'll stay with you this time around, but no funny business." I say with a finger pointed at his chest. "What!? Me!? I would never." He says with a fake shocked tone. "Yeah, yeah, and also don't tell the gang I'm coming over I-" before I could finish my sentence Dylan cut me off, "so we can have more time to ourselves, don't worry babe I'm one step ahead of you." He says as he leans down to lay a kiss on my cheek softly bitting it to mess with me.

"Dylan stop there's children around." I say with a laugh but he only sends me a wink. "Fine, I won't tell the gang so we can surprise them when you get there-" He says and I smile just as they call Dylan's plane to begin boarding.

"-and so we can have some alone time." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and begins to let me out of our hug but continues to hold my hands.

"Alright lover boy." I say with a small laugh as I give him a kiss before he leaves.

"Alright, I'll see you when you land this weekend." He says as he rubs his thumb on the palm of my hand. "You would expect these goodbyes to get easier every time but honestly they just get harder and harder." I say while giving him a tight hug not wanting to let him go. "Hey, baby, the weekend will come before you know it okay." He says as he lifts my head up to look him in the eyes. I give him a small nod knowing I'll see him again soon.

"Hey, come on, don't be sad. I'll call you as soon as I land, yeah?" I nod and give him a small smile. "Yeah, you should probably go before the plane leaves without you." I say with a small laugh and he smiles. "Something tells me you'd be happy if the plane left without me." He says as he wraps his arms around me again and I finally smile.

"You know you're not wrong." I say with a laugh as I give another hug. "But I probably should be heading out now before I miss my flight." He says and I nod. We finally let go but not before he plants one last kiss goodbye. We start to walk away but not before I feel someone pulling me back.

I quickly turn around confused to see Dylan with a look I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Dyl-" I was about to question him but he cut me off. "I know I have to go but I couldn't leave without telling you" he pauses and I stare at him confused wondering what was so important he needed to tell even if it meant risking his flight. "I love you Y/N. I'll be waiting for you back home." He says giving me one last kiss goodbye before quickly leaving me behind in shock.

"Dylan." I whisper as I no longer see him among the crowd.

~ Back at Home ~

I lock the car and slowly walk inside my house still thinking about what happened at the airport. Dylan loves me. He told me he loves me. That idiot left me before I could even say anything.