Chapter 45

"You're the clumsiest nurse I know." My brother says to me with a hint of anger and annoyance at my clumsiness. "I'm the only nurse you know." I say with a laugh, but he quickly turns to look at me with a look I know all to well as I put my hands up in surrender.

"So, this all happened because you were excited for Vere's engagement?" He asks and I nod excitedly. "Exactly! Which reminds me I need to call back Tyler to let him know I'm fine and the idea I have for the proposal." I say as I pull out my phone and my brother puts the music down.

After the third ring I hear Tyler pick up the phone.

"Hey is everything good?"

"Um yeah," I say and see my brother raise his eyebrow at my statement, "if you count a sprained ankle, fractured knee and elbow fine, then yeah, I'm good." I say with a smile that he obviously cannot see, but quickly turns into a frown as my brother slaps my left upper arm, trying not to further hurt my elbow, but failing miserably. I quickly slap his arm before going back to the conversation.

"I know for a fact you're lying to me." I sigh as I hear the words come out of his mouth.

"I wish, right now were on our way to pick up my medicine." I say as we're head into the drive thru of the pharmacy not wanting to get out of the car. "But anyways, I wasn't just calling to update you on my injuries, but I wanted to let you know that I thought of an idea." I say excitedly.

"Well let's hear it cause mine are as basic as they can get." He says with a sigh. "Alright well Vere isn't about the exaggerated life she likes the simplicity of things, so my idea is to obviously have her family there." I say but was quickly cut off by Tyler responding with an 'of course' causing me to roll my eyes.

"As I was saying. We can then bring her dog with us since she hasn't seen him in a long time and we all know how much she loves her baby." I say already imagining the excitement in her eyes when she sees her baby running towards her. "Then we'll or more like you'll take her to the tree houses close to your house, you can rent out a space and while you're taking her on a so called 'date' we will all be waiting out at the tree house all decorated, she will see her family and close friends turns to you all confused, but maybe not so much when she sees the flowers and you on one knee." I finish up my plan waiting to hear his thoughts. 

"Not really sure if that's simple enough for her liking but I really like the idea." He says and I smile. "Great! We'll you can finish up the rest of the details and you can send me the information and I'll finish up things on my end so everything's ready to go." I say while passing my card to my brother so he pays for my meds. "Alright give me about thirty minutes and I'll text you the information. I'll also tell her family, but just in case talk to them too, just to make sure everything goes as planned." I smile.

"Of course Tyler, don't worry too much, everything will go exactly as planned, you'll see." We say our goodbyes and hang up.

"Well that was quicker than expected." My brother says as we drive off home.

"Yeah it was. Now I need to ask you a big favor." I say making my best puppy dog eyes at my brother.

"Oh no. You suck at puppy dog eyes, and when they're extra bad, it means I'm not gonna like what you're planning." He groans. "Oh come on, I just need your help with something." I say with a pout. "What do you want now." He says as he parks the car at my house.

"Can you help me pack-" I started saying before I was quickly cut off. "Of course you would want to travel in your condition." He says as we slowly begin to climb up the stairs of the house.

"Come on please. I'm an adult I can make my own decisions, plus I want to surprise Dylan. And this is the perfect opportunity since I don't have to go to work for at least two weeks." I say excitedly. "Fine, you're right your old enough and you've traveled to California several times before already." He says with a sigh already going to pick up my luggage as I quickly pull out my clothes.