Chapter 39

~ Skip to November ~
(By the way in the book were still in 2017)

So I brought my family to California. I brought them to California because today is the last game between the Astros and the Dodgers.

Today is the day.... the Astros WILL win!!

"Astros have to win this game today!" My brother says as we head over to our hotel. The doesn't start till later in the evening. We've been running around L.A exploring and just being tourists.

"Were going to win." I say trusting that the Astros will win. "Don't jinx it." My dad says as he turns to look at me. Thank goodness we had gotten to the hotel already, so I quickly ran to knock on wood.

"There." I say proudly with a smile. "Okay come on lets go to our rooms." My dad says and he go up to our rooms. We came yesterday and had our hotel rooms reserved a week or so ahead of time knowing the rooms were probably going to be gone if we didn't reserve them.

By the way we've been getting looks from everyone, mostly because were already wearing our Astros jerseys and hats. But like you know f**k the haters.

We get to our parents room and just watch some TV as we wait for it to be 7 were trying to get to the stadium early.

I hear my phone start to ring from the window. I go over to answer the phone, I check the caller I.D and quickly answer it.

"Hey Dylan." I say into the phone as I walk out onto the balcony.

"Hey babe." I hear him say and I feel my cheeks start to heat up.

"What's up." I say as I look at the view. "Oh I'm just here with the boys." He says and I smile.

"What about you?" He asks. "Oh the family and I are just watching some TV before we head over to the stadium." I say as I see my family watching TV.

"Oh yeah you guys are going to the game right?" He says. "Yeah." I say excitedly and I hear him laugh. "Are you going to the game?" I ask knowing how much he loves baseball. "Oh hey I gotta go T-pose just broke something." He says and quickly hangs up before I could even say bye.

"Well then." I say as I put my phone away.

I walk back in and place my phone back where it was so it can charge. I need it at 100% for all the pictures and videos I'm going to take.

"Who was it?" My dad asks not wanting to tell my parents about him yet I said it was Vere. "It was Vere." I say as I sit down on the bed to watch TV with my family.

"Why don't you go visit her?" My dad asks. "I would but she's going to the game so Ill see her after the game." I say and they nod. "Anyways I don't to go now because I don't want to risk the chance of getting stuck in traffic." I say and they nod.

"Speaking of which we should probably get going if we want to get to the game early." My brother says as he looks at his watch. We all grab our stuff and head out the door.

~ At the Stadium ~

We get to our seats and watch as the stadium starts filling up quickly. Most of the people I see are Dodgers fans, of course. Our seats are right by the home base which is pretty cool.

~ A couple of minutes Later ~

The games is finally starting and I'm so nervous and so excited.