Chapter 49

Dylan and I pull apart from our kiss at the sound of my family cheering, reminding us that we weren't alone. "I'm taking that kiss as a yes?" Dylan says as he ignores the cheers for a moment and I nod. "Of course it's a yes," I say, giving him a quick kiss before hugging him.

"Can't believe you won't be a L/N anymore," my brothers says as he comes over to congratulate us. "Don't start with that," my dad says before I could reply walking up to me with my mom alongside him. "Don't worry I'll always be a l/n at heart, there's just an addition now." I say pulling away from Dylan. "I mean just listen, y/n O'Brien l/n, has a nice ring to it don't you think?" I say happily.

My dad nods teary-eyed and comes up to hug me. "Yes it does," he says placing a kiss on my head. "I love you mija(short in Spanish for 'my daughter')," he says and I hug him tighter. "I love you too apa(short in Spanish for dad)," I say and we pull apart so I could hug my mom. "I'm finally engaged, bet you never saw that one coming," I tell my brother playfully as we hug. "I really thought you were gonna be single for the rest of your life," He says shaking his head as he turns around to give Aaron 20 bucks. "Easy money," Aaron says before congratulating me.

"Wow, thanks for having faith in me," I say half-heartedly as I punch him softly on the shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, I made that bet before you introduced me to Dylan, then I realized y'all were gonna make it and I regretted my bet," he says as he hugs Dylan. "Plus, I like him. Now," he says and we nod understanding.

"Y/N! Dylan!" We hear screaming coming from the bleachers. Turning around I see Dylan's family and the gang running over to us. "They were here this whole time?" I ask Dylan excitedly. "I told you, you're very suspicious of things. You would've known something was going on if I brought the gang and my family to play baseball today," he said bringing me in for another hug. "And you were right," I say before going over to hug our friends.

"Congratulations y/n, you're getting married!" Vere congratulates me tearfully. "I'm so glad you were here for it," I say hugging her tightly. "You know I wouldn't miss this for the world, plus, Dylan knew how important it is for you to have everyone there when you got engaged," she says glancing over at Dylan who was in a bro hug with Posey. "He was right, yet again," I smile.

We pull away from our hug and I walk over to Dylan as his parents walk up to us. "Welcome to the family," his mom tells me as she pulls me in for a group hug with her, Dylan, and I. The hugging and the congratulating went on until we had hugged everyone who was there.

"Wait, so you aren't hurt right?" I ask Dylan after the family had settled down to eat and he laughed. "No, it was all part of the plan to throw you off guard." He says brushing a strand of hair behind my ear as I applied slight pressure on his supposed injury. "Good, because if you were Aaron would have gotten an earful from me," I say throwing Aaron a look as he stood across from us. "You can't blame me, Dylan asked me to do it," Aaron responds and I laugh letting him know I was joking, at least partly.

"Well at least we know Dylan will always be well taken care of seeing as he is marrying a nurse," Dylan's sister, Julia, jokes and we laugh. "Of course, probably a little too much, but at least he will be taken care of," I say smiling at her before looking back at him.

"You should have seen Dylan planing this all out, he was freaking out," Holland laughs as she sits down at the table we were sitting at with her plate of food. "He wanted to be sure that you wouldn't see us behind those bleachers that he would send one of your cousins to stand in your position on the field to check if you'd be able to see us," she adds and Dylan begins to redden in embarrassment. "We all know how analytical she is, I would have been nervous too if Dylan hadn't checked," Posey said as he ruffled my hair playfully laughing at the thought.