Chapter 31

Its been a couple of days and it is my mom's birthday... August 23rd. So they're throwing her a party and my dad as well his birthday was last week but so they didn't have to throw two party's they're throwing a party for both of them today. You know I can't believe the coincidence of both my parents birthday being the same month as Dylan's. Like just wow.

I don't even know if I should call like I don't want to be rude or anything but, i just think its too soon to start talking, or maybe its just me.

Knocking at the door interrupts my train of thought and I go to open the door.

"Y/N, hey." Vere says as we hug hello. "Hey." I say back. "Are you ready to start setting up." Vere says and I nod. "Yeah I already have all the stuff out.

Did I mention the party was gonna be at my house. Yeah I wanted it to be at my house that way my parents wouldn't have the mess to take care of the next day.

"Is Jane going to come?" Vere asks. "No she's gonna be bringing my parents, the cake and small details." I say and she nods. "Good thing I cleaned the house yesterday, or we would be cleaning for an hour." I say and she nods.

"Are you gonna wish him a happy birthday?" Vere asks. Knowing who she's talking about, "His birthday isn't even today though." I say. "I know that Y/N. I'm talking about for when it is his birthday." She says.

"I feel like its too soon. I mean the break up wasn't exactly, what's the word?" I say/ask.

"Nice?" Vere asks. "No." I say. "It just wasn't how I would've wanted it to go down." I say as I throw away the plastic wrappers in the trash.

"Your parents knew about you two, right?" She asks and I nod. "They knew that I was dating someone but they didn't really know much about us." I say and she nods.

In my family we don't introduce our boyfriend/girlfriend to our family unless we know its serious.

"Do you even still talk to the gang?" Vere asks and I nod. "A little, they text and call once in a while I answer, of course, but I never start the conversation." I say.

"You shouldn't have to do that, they're your friends. They wern't your friends just because you were dating Dylan." She says and I nod. "I just don't want to make it awkward." I say. "I'm just being honest with you but what your doing now is going to make it awkward between you guys later on." She says and I nod. "Your right." I say.

I hear a knocking at the door and I look over to the clock to see its 6 already.

"Dang time went by fast!" I say as I walk over to check the door. As I open the door I see my mom and dad, and Jane and my brother with their kids.

"Hey mom, dad." I say as I hug them. We all say our hellos and I let them into the house.

After a while more and more people kept coming, family and close family friends. My house is literally full. The family put music so now they're dancing in the middle of the living room, thank goodness I have a lot of space or else they would be squished while dancing.

As per usual most of the men were outside getting drunk having their own conversation and the women were inside talking about their children like we arnt in the same room. Same old, same old.

"Okay time for presents!" I say as I call everyone from the rooms and from outside.

Vere and I place the cake on the table and the presents spread around the table for the pictures. We take a bunch of pictures cause you know how the family always wants to take a 'couple' of pictures but they take so many you end up forcing a smile by the end of it.