Part 30

Rain's pov

"Rain.....please let me talk to you for a second."

I look up from my spot sitting on the ground, my smile slowly sliding off my face. Yoongi is standing in front of me with a red rose in his hand, a sad look on his face. I stand up before silently walking away from him, not feeling like dealing with him after I was having such a nice day.

"Please....."

I stop. I can't move. All I can think about is how desperate he sounded when he said that. I turn around slowly, my arms crossed insecurely in front of my chest as I start to walk back over to where he is standing. Hope shines clearly in his eyes when he sees me walking back over to him.

"What do you want?" I ask quietly, still not sure whether or not I should actually stay. Something is keeping me here though. He was my best friend before he asked me out and broke my heart. Finding out that I love Taehyung has somehow healed something in me. I am now able to look at him without feeling some of the heartache that he had left me with.

"I want to apologize."

I scoff slightly, rolling my eyes. He wants to apologize now? After all this time? He sees my look and his eyes widen, him stepping a little closer to me.

"Please, just let me explain first. I know that what I did was wrong, but you at least deserve to know why I did it."

My hands are shaking as he looks at me with so much sadness that it makes my heart hurt. I nod my head, unable to deny him that much at least.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear. My mom set me up with her boss's daughter, and she was really counting on me to make things work between us. We weren't doing so well financially, and she thought that if I dated the girl, her boss would give her a raise."

I do remember that time. He didn't like me going over to his house because his mom would spoil me rotten. She would always try to give me food and snacks, even when that meant that they wouldn't have enough to eat themselves. They were going through a really tough time, it getting to the point where I was starting to get really worried for them.

"I cared for you Rain, I really did. I didn't want to tell you because I knew that you would want to break things off with me. I liked you too much to risk that, so I kept it a secret. Every time you caught me doing something with her made me feel as if my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I never wanted to see you cry. I was actually kind of glad when you broke it off with me because at least then you wouldn't be hurt by me any longer."

I can feel the tears as they start to roll down my cheeks. I didn't know any of this. If he had just told me, maybe everything would have been different between us. Tears fall down his cheeks as well, his nose turning red like it always does when he's sad or upset. His eyes hold so much pain in them, his voice shaking with every word he says.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. I'm sorry that I didn't apologize sooner as well. I was scared and ashamed. I was too scared to face you after all that I had done to you. I was ashamed because I had hurt you so badly, but I need you Rain. I know you are dating Taehyung, and I don't care about that. I am actually really happy for you. I don't want you as my girlfriend Rain. I just want my best friend back."