Part 39

Rain's pov

"Jungkook?"

His voice is lower than it was before, something stirring in my chest at the sound of it. I haven't heard him speak in so long that it makes me feel like crying, my arms hugging my legs to my chest as Jungkook takes my spot behind the register.

"Taehyung? Long time no see man. I heard you moved, but it wasn't from you of course."

I internally wince at the obvious spite in Jungkook's voice as he calls Taehyung out. It was Taehyung's fault though. He didn't even tell his best friends that he was moving. I had been the one to tell them when they came to my house to see if I was alright. They had heard about the fight and wanted to know what happened, my parents letting them in. They had taken one look at me and realized that something wasn't right, climbing in bed with me and just hugging me until I stopped crying. That's when I started getting closer with them. They had been there for me when I was in my most fragile state, and I will forever be grateful to them for that.

I listen from my hiding spot as Taehyung chuckles awkwardly, clearing his throat before placing his items down on the belt.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that dude. I got caught up in moving and I guess I forgot."

I can practically see Jungkook rolling his eyes in aggravation as he begins to scan the items, his muscles tense as he does so.

"Anyway, are you going to be here long?"

"Yeah actually. I'm moving back here" Taehyung says, the smile in his voice evident. I find myself unable to move despite myself, the news almost too much for me to handle. Why is he moving back? I am not going to be able to avoid him if he moves back for real. Jungkook glances back at me with a frown on his face, his foot nudging me gently.

"Really? That's great! Maybe you could pay Rain a visit. I know she was absolutely heartbroken when you left."

I pinch his leg and he groans in pain, hiding it behind a small cough. I can imagine Taehyung as he awkwardly scratches his neck, clearing his throat as he thinks about what to say.

"Who's Rain?" a feminine voice pipes up from right beside him, drawing my attention.

"She was just a friend of mine" Taehyung says quickly, making me roll my eyes. Yeah, just a friend.

"Who's that with you hyung? Your girlfriend?" Jungkook asks suddenly, no doubt talking about the girl he is with. I hold my breath as he answers, already knowing the truth, and trying to brace myself for it.

"Actually, she's my fiancé."

It hurts more than I thought it would. I try my hardest not to cry, but I can feel the tears as they start to well up in my eyes. The first one rolls down my cheek and I hastily wipe it away only for it to be replaced by another, and then another. They just keep coming, my vision blocked by the veil that is covering my eyes. He's getting married at twenty-one? I watch through a watery film as Jungkook gets Taehyung's change out of the register before he drops some on the ground, mumbling an apology before he bends down to grab it.

"It's ok Rain. You'll be ok, I promise" he whisper softly as he hugs me, placing a kiss on my temple. I nod my head and he stands back up and hands Taehyung his change, his tone mocking and more cruel than I would have liked.

"That's great. Well, you must have had an amazing life after leaving everyone here behind Taehyung. I hope you're happy."

Taehyung doesn't say anything, grabbing his bags and leaving. The woman, who is apparently his fiancé, rushes to catch up to him, her heels clacking against the ground. I can't do anything but watch as they walk out of the store hand in hand, feeling as if I am reliving my heartbreak all over again. Kim Taehyung, why do I still love you after everything you did to me?