Part 37

Rain's pov

*two years later*

"Why do tattoos have to hurt so fucking bad?" I question under my breath as I lay face up on the bed.

"It's ok Rain, you're almost done" Jungkook says encouragingly, Jimin squeezing my hand from his spot next to me. I clench my teeth together in discomfort, the pain on my foot causing tears to form in the corners of my eyes. I didn't know that foot tattoos would be this painful. I can feel it when Yoongi squeezes my other hand to try and comfort me, his hand soft in my own.

It's been about two and a half years since Taehyung left, and my twenty-first birthday is almost upon me. Yoongi, Jungkook, and Jimin decided to all pitch in for me to get the tattoo that I have always wanted, saying that it is an early birthday present.

Those three have been by my side ever since we graduated, even when Jimin decided to open up a club and not go to college with the rest of us. I even work part time on the weekends as a bartender there to help him out, working with Jungkook and Yoongi in the local grocery store during the week after our college classes end. Chani is going to college in Japan because her parents moved there, and Silvia is studying abroad in America. We still FaceTime though, always keeping in contact.

"It's all done miss" the tattoo artist says with a smile, taking a picture with my phone before wrapping it up.

It looks better than I thought it would

It looks better than I thought it would. It is also exactly what I wanted. Yoongi goes up from to pay with the cash they had put together for this while I slowly slip on my flip flops, making sure that I avoid touching the bandage in any way. Jungkook helps me off of the bed while Jimin hugs me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey Rain. Remember when you said that if we were both single by the time you were twenty-one you would go out with me?"

He hisses in pain as I elbow him in the stomach, playfully glaring at me as he rubs it.

"I said no such thing Park Jimin" I growl jokingly, walking out of the door and towards Yoongi's car. I slide into the passenger seat with Yoongi driving, Jimin and Jungkook fighting about what Jimin said earlier.

"If anything, she would be going out with me" Jungkook yells indignantly, flinching back when Jimin threatens to hit him.

"Oh yeah? And how do you figure that?"

Jungkook scoffs, puffing his chest out and crossing his arms.

"Have you looked at my body lately? I have better abs than Taehyung ever did."

It goes silent, everyone's eyes on me. My smile fades as I stare out the window, suddenly not in such a good mood. That just reminded me of what happened two years ago. How ever since then, Taehyung hasn't even tried to get into contact with Jungkook, Jimin, or I. How he hadn't even wished me a happy birthday when I turned nineteen or twenty, and how he probably isn't this year either.

"I-I'm sorry Rain. I didn't mean to bring him up."

I fake a smile as I run towards Jungkook, reaching over to ruffle his hair affectionately.

"It's ok Kookie, you didn't mean to. Besides, I don't need Taehyung. You guys are all I need to be happy."