Part 55

Taehyung's pov

I slowly sip on my drink as I sit alone in the bar, my head resting on top of my hand. So much time has gone by, and I still can't bring myself to wish Rain a happy birthday. I unblocked her number after the first month of me moving away with the intention of wishing her a happy birthday, but I was too much of a coward to actually do it. I still am.

It's kind of unsettling how Ami has become such good friends with Rain, but then again, Rain is an easy person to get along with. She always has been. She is the shy girl that you can always see observing from the sidelines, never getting involved unless asked first. Once you get to know her though, she becomes someone else entirely.

I sigh at the painful memories flooding my mind, downing the rest of what was in my cup. I wince at the bitter taste, the burn in my throat oddly soothing at a time like this. My fiancé is going to my first love's birthday party and I'm over here getting wasted.......nice.

A sudden commotion makes me look over at where they are playing the music, a girl in a red dress immediately catching my eye. I can tell it's Rain before she even turns around, my throat going dry just looking at her. The dress she is in accentuates her curves in just the right way, the color standing out against her pale skin. I blush at the amount of cleavage she is showing, forcing myself to look away from her. I have a fiancé. I shouldn't be gawking at her like this.

I am curious as to why she is here by herself though. Her boyfriend, who I have already forgotten the name of, isn't with her. Also, why is she here alone on her birthday?

I stand from my seat and make my way over to her, still able to walk steadily. I haven't had too much to drink, but I can tell that I am drunk by the way my head is starting to whirl. I tap her on the shoulder when I am close enough, her hair almost hitting me in the face as she turns around.

"Taehyungie!" she yells drunkly when she sees me, her look of confusion being replaced by a wide smile. I panic when she almost falls onto her face, catching her in my arms. I can smell the strong and unmistakable scent of alcohol coming off of her, it clear that she is totally wasted. She giggles as she clings to me, hiccuping slightly as I lead her over to a booth.

"What happened to you Rain? Why are you all by yourself?"

Her smile drops as soon as I say that, her eyes filling with tears. My eyes widen as she begins to cry, not knowing what to do.

"Hobi is mad at me, and I don't know what I did wrong. I tried to get him to talk to me, but he started yelling. So I came here and had a few drinks.....maybe seven....and now I don't know what to do."

Fuck. What do I do? I can't think to do anything but hand her a napkin as she dries her face. She suddenly stops, coming closer to my face. I can't breathe. I can't even move as she stares into my eyes, her head tilted to the side.

"TaeTae....can you do something for me?"

"Of course. What do you want me to do?" I say automatically, stuck in place by her intense gaze. She smiles slightly before coming even closer, her breath fanning across my face.

"I want you to......."

I lean forward as I wait for what she has to say, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. My breath hitches as she leans against me, her body warm against my own. Her hands are holding onto my shoulders as she whispers in my ear, my pulse going crazy.

"Carry me home."