Part 85

Taehyung's pov

All I can see is red. I don't think that I have ever been this mad in my life. I still can't get over the look on Rain's face after my mom said that, my temper getting even worse the more that I think about it.

"Slow down Taehyung! You will get us all killed at the rate you're driving."

I clench my teeth together in order to stop myself from saying anything that I might regret later, my knuckles whitening as I grip the steering wheel even tighter. I do slow down a little bit though, realizing that I had been going fifty miles over the legal speed limit, and I probably would have gone even faster if my mom hadn't said anything.

"Why are you being so hot-headed anyway?" my father asks from his seat beside me, taking off his glasses to polish them on his shirt. "It's not like we did anything wrong."

The sound of tires screeching fills my ears as I lay on the breaks, pulling over to the side of the road in the fastest parking job I have ever done. I put the car in park and open my door, not even bothering to turn the engine off. I ignore my parents' yells as I step outside the car and place my hands on top of my head, taking deep breaths to try and clam myself down.

"Kim Taehyung! What is the meaning of this? You have never acted like this before."

I don't recognize the sound that comes out of my mouth. It is an animalistic growl that escapes from between my clenched teeth as I turn towards my father who has just stepped out of the car, my eyes hard as I glare at him.

"What is your problem?" I yell as they both make there way closer to where I am standing. "First you force me to leave the girl I fell in love with, and then you have to come back years later and criticize her? You already ruined my life once, and now you're back to do it again after I told you I didn't want to talk to you unless it was necessary?"

I back away from my mom when she tries to put her hand on my shoulder, my whole body tense in my fit of anger. She frowns before scoffing, rolling her eyes as she inspects her manicured nails.

"Taehyung, we have gone over this before. The company means a lot to your father and I, which is why we chose you to run it instead of your uncle. Just do what we say and everything will be fine."

"You didn't answer my question" I say through gritted teeth, shutting my eyes when I feel my body shaking. I don't know what to do with all of these emotions, my brain unable to function correctly.

"Listen, kid" my dad says, placing his glasses back onto the bridge of his nose. "We know how you felt about this Rain girl in the past, but that is exactly what it is; the past. You shouldn't have anything to do with her."

My mother nods, her painted lips crinkling in disgust as she thinks about Rain. "She's a bad influence anyway. Why would you want to hang out with a girl who you dated in the past when you already have a fiancé? To make things worse, she's pregnant, and the father isn't around."

I squeeze my eyes shut once more, my face pointed up towards the sun as my forefinger and my thumb pinch the bridge of my nose. I groan in frustration before turning around so that I'm not facing my parents, bringing my hands down so that they are resting at my sides.

"I'm the father."