Part 58

Rain's pov

One week later

I have been a mess. I have gone to my college classes and then straight to my room, calling in sick to work for a whole week now. I just haven't been able to bring myself to go there after what I did, my heart still hurting from how much pain I caused Hoseok. I deserve to feel this way though. I deserve everything that comes to me. I got drunk and made a mistake, and this was the consequence.

Jimin, Jungkook, and Yoongi have all been worried for me. I told them what I did, and I could tell that they didn't like it one bit. I know that they are only here for me because I am their friend, but I haven't even been letting them in lately. I don't deserve their care either. What I did was so incredibly stupid, and no one should be trying to console me when Hoseok is the one that should be taken care of right now.

I miss him so much. I miss the way he would call my name from across the room when he saw me. I miss the way his hand felt in mine as we walked down the street. I miss the way his body felt against mine as we snuggled together while we watched a movie. I miss the way it felt to fall asleep next to him. I miss waking up and his face being the first thing I saw in the morning. I miss him, and it's driving me insane.

I wouldn't call this feeling love yet, but I know that I cared deeply for Hoseok. I still do. Every moment of everyday is spent thinking about him and how he's doing. I just want to know if he is ok. I want to know if he's eating and sleeping right. I want him to forget about me altogether, even if I could never forget about him even for a second.

I flinch slightly when there is a knock on my bedroom door. I sigh, knowing that it is one of my friends wondering if I am ok again. They should already know by now that I'm not. I don't answer, letting them knock again. I just want to be left alone. The door creaks open and I let out a sigh, closing my eyes as I turn towards them in frustration.

"Hoseok.......what are you doing here?"

"Just listen for a minute" he says as he closes the door and walks towards me. My eyes are wide as he sits next to me on my bed, his arm brushing against mine.

"I forgive you."

I open my mouth to protest but he places his hand over my mouth. I shake my head instead, not believing what I am hearing from him. He forgives me? After what I did? He shouldn't.

"Just listen to me. I like you Rain. Like, I really like you. I couldn't get you out of my head all week. I kept seeing your face as you told me what you did. I know that what you did was wrong, and I'm not saying that it wasn't, but you were drunk and didn't fully realize what you were doing. The fact that you told me what happened proves that you felt bad about it afterwards. It also proves that you care for me as much as I do for you. Yes, hearing about what you did hurt me, but I can't let you go. I won't."