Part 79

Rain's pov 

I wrap my arms around my body as I wait for Ami in the mall, my foot tapping restlessly beside me. I feel a little bit uncomfortable meeting up with her after everything that has happened, but I couldn't say no when she asked. She has been such a good friend to me, and she sounded like she needed someone to talk to.

I might have to tell her. I don't want to ruin our friendship, but she deserves to know. I know that I don't really have the right to, since it is Taehyung's job, but I can't stand by and watch anymore. She is his fiancé, and she has been nothing but nice to the both of us. He should be the one to tell her, but if he insists on keeping it a secret, I might have to intervene. 

My eyes are locked on my phone because she said that she would text me when she got there. I watch as the little speech bubbles indicating that she is typing pop up on the screen, my eyes widening when they disappear. I can't help but feel triggered as I stare at my phone with a slight frown on my face, disappointed that I got all excited for nothing.

"Just leave me alone Taehyung!"

I jump in my seat at the loud yell, looking around the area that I am sitting in. There aren't a lot of people here right now, but everyone who is here is looking towards the entrance. Taehyung is standing in front of Ami with his arms crossed, staring at the floor in front of him. He almost seems uninterested, not even flinching when tears start to stream down Ami's cheeks.

"So now you want me to leave you alone, huh?" he says with a scoff, rolling his eyes in her direction. I slowly start walking over to where they are, staring at the couple with wide eyes. I know Tae said that they were fighting all of the time, but I didn't know that they fought in public as well.

"You never talk to me anymore!" Ami yells, her words muffled and distorted due to her tears. "Why can't we be like we were before? You've changed Taehyung. Ever since we came back here you have been ignoring me more and more."

I watch as Taehyung's eyebrows crease, obviously in distress. He looks away, no longer able to look at the crying girl standing in front of him. He had always been awkward around people when they cry, it clear that he has not gotten over that in the years that he has been away. 

"Why are you still fighting with me over this? I don't care anymore. I just......forget about it."

I reach Ami as soon as Taehyung turns around to leave, placing my arm on her shoulder as she watches him walk away. She flinches at my touch before turning and seeing that it is me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I just let her hold me as she cries, walking over to the bathroom so that she can clean up. 

I don't know what to do. I want to be there for Taehyung because something is obviously bothering him, but I also want to be there for Ami. She had always been there for me when I was going through all of the stuff I was, never asking any questions. She had been there for me even though I was crying over her fiancé. Now, its my turn to be there for her.