Part 47

Rain's pov

One thing is totally certain; this is awkward as fuck.

We are sitting at a round table in the pizza place that we decided that we were going to eat at, Hoseok on my right and Yoongi on my left. We had a serious argument in the car about who was going to sit next to Taehyung and who was going to sit next to his fiancé, resulting in an intense game of rock, paper, scissors. I wasn't put in the game at all seeing as sitting next to him would not be a good idea for me. I'm still trying to get over him, so being close to him wouldn't really help. Having Hoseok around is slowly helping me, but I can still tell that I at least have a little bit of feelings for Taehyung left.

The order goes Hoseok, me, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, his fiancé, and then Jungkook, who is also sitting next to Hoseok. We had recently learned that Taehyung's fiancé is named Ami, and she is currently studying to be a nurse. Taehyung and her apparently met through their parents when he had moved and were pushed to start dating. It turns out that they ended up actually really liking each other, Taehyung proposing after a year and a half of them going out. I honestly didn't expect something like that from him, but everyone gets proven wrong. Seeing him look so happy when he retold the story makes me sad, but I can't help but feel happy for him as well.

"So, what has everyone been up to while I was gone?" Taehyung asks, leaning forward in his seat. I watch as Jimin stiffens in his spot next to him, obviously uncomfortable being there. I feel bad for him actually. He and Taehyung had been incredibly close, as well as with Jungkook. They probably hurt more than I did when I had to tell them that he moved. He didn't even call or text them about it at all, making them feel more betrayed and abandoned than sad.

"Nothing much really. Yoongi, Jungkook, and I are in college and working part time at a grocery store while Jimin opened up a club" I answer timidly, not even making eye contact with him. He hums in understanding before turning towards Jimin, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"You opened up a club?"

"Yeah" he answers monotonously, shrugging Taehyung's hand off of him. Taehyung clears his throat before looking back over at me again, seeing as I am the only one at the table actually willing to have a conversation with him. His eyes move over Hoseok's hands and body language, watching as he plays with my fingers from his spot beside me.

"And the guy that I haven't met yet. Who is he?"

I look over at Hoseok to see if he wants to introduce himself, but he is too busy ignoring Taehyung to care. I sigh before subtly rolling my eyes, turning back to Taehyung as I do so.

"This is Jung Hoseok....he's my boyfriend."

His eyes go wide before he blinks rapidly to mask his surprise, a slight frown on his face. He clears his throat before nodding stiffly, folding his hands in his lap.

"Oh....your boyfriend....I'm...I'm happy for you....."

I can't seem to look away as he stares at me, it as if his eyes are pulling me in. I have always been able to read his emotions pretty well, but the ones that I find in his eyes are confusing me immensely. Why does he look so sad at the news? Is he upset that I appear to have moved on from him, or is it something else entirely?