Part 46

Rain's pov

The movie ends and the lights turn back on, everyone standing up and leaving the theater. Everyone except us that is. I sniffle as I wipe at my eyes, still not over the sad ending that absolutely no one had been expecting.  I turn to look at Hoseok as he does the same, laughing at the irony of everything. I reach over and wipe away the tear that he hadn't gotten yet, kissing his cheek.

"Hoseok. You're supposed to dry my tears."

He rolls his eyes as he drags his hand down his face, standing before holding his hand out for me to hold. I gratefully accept his hand, intertwining our fingers together. We walk out and meet the guys out in the packed hallway, ignoring them as they tease us about being so overly sensitive.

"Where are we going out to eat?" Hoseok asks me as we walk into the lobby. I am about to answer when my voice gets caught in my throat. I stop walking as I stare at Taehyung, not able to do anything else. I can't seem to do anything at all besides trying to keep all of the unwanted emotions in check, not wanting to start hurting like I had the last time I had seen him. He has stopped walking too, his mouth wide as he takes in my form.

"Rain?" he asks incredulously, looking at me as if he hasn't seen anything like me before. A strange feeling stirs in my stomach at the way he says my name, all of my nostalgic memories resurfacing. I hurriedly push those feelings away when I look next to him, spying Taehyung's new fiancé standing next to him as well.

He looks good. Now that I have the chance to actually look at him, I can see how much he has changed. He got even more handsome than he was before, his jawline sharpening while his hair grew out. He also dyed it, something that he had once said that he would never do, it now a blonde color. He has matured in so many ways that I hadn't thought possible, making it harder and harder to forget about how things used to be. I'm happy right now. I shouldn't be letting the past get to me like it is, but it's hard.

"H-hey Taehyung. I see you're doing well" I say softly, attempting to smile at the girl with him. She looks nice, a small smile of her own gracing her features. I can tell why he got with her; she's beautiful. Her skin is practically perfect, her hair the prettiest shade of chocolate brown I have ever seen. Her eyes are a light amber color, the large shape giving her a doe like appearance. She is wearing an adorable pastel dress, black character shoes on her feet.

"What are you guys doing here?" Taehyung asks awkwardly, looking around at our little group. No one answers him. I look at my friends and see them either glaring at him or looking away, obviously aggravated expressions on their faces. It looks like I am the only one trying to at least be civil.

"We were just about to go out to eat.........you guys can join us if you want."

I actually didn't want him to say yes, but he does. I thought that if I was polite that he would decline and be on his way, but he did no such thing. He smiles at me as he steps closer, obviously excited about talking some more with his old friends. It's too bad they want nothing to do with him.

Hoseok must sense my unease because he steps closer to me, tightening his grip on my hand. I smile up at him in thanks for the comfort, instantly feeling at ease. His warmth radiates through me, making it at least a little bit easier to deal with the man standing in front of me.

I watch as Taehyung eyes Hoseok, obviously finding it odd that he is with us seeing as he has probably never seen him before. His eyes lingers on our locked hands before he clears his throat and looks away, his stance tense and awkward. He must feel weird. The girl that he left behind just invited him and his fiancé to have dinner with her, her new boyfriend, and the friends that he also left behind. It's too bad I don't really care.

This whole thing has made me realize something. I am less sad about what happened now. I'm more upset that he would even think about leaving his friends behind without so much as a goodbye, not even worried about myself at this point. But then again, I'm not really complaining. Him leaving gave me the three best friends I could have ever asked for.