Part 49

Rain's pov

"Rain, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Oh god. I look up at Taehyung as he holds onto my arm, watching as Ami stops beside us as well.

"It's ok Rain. I'll meet you guys back at the table" she says with a smile, patting my arm in what I think is sympathy. I told her a little bit about what happened when Taehyung left, and she agreed that what he did was a dick move. She also went so far as to promise me that she would give him the silent treatment in protest for me, but I told her it was ok.

He leads me farther away from our table and back to where the bathrooms are, stopping when we get to the part between the two rooms. There aren't a lot of people here today, so he probably thought that it would be better for us if we talked here so that we wouldn't get interrupted.

I look up at him expectantly, only to find him already staring at me. I can feel my face heat up in confusion as to why he is looking at me like this, feeling flustered all of a sudden. He has definitely matured over the past years, his chubby cheeks replaced by prominent cheekbones. I clear my throat awkwardly and he blinks, seemingly coming out of whatever daze it was that he was in.

"H-hi. It's been a while....wow. You look amazing" he says with the wide smile that I had missed so much.

I blink rapidly to snap out of it, glancing down at my hands and away from him. That's when I realize that he had been holding my hand the whole time. I guess his touch is still so warm and secure that I hadn't noticed; or maybe I just didn't want to notice. I clear my throat as I gently pull my hand away from his, stepping away from him and out of reach.

"Th-thanks. So.....what did you want to talk about?" I ask, trying to move this awkward conversation along.

"I've been good. I did college for two years and got my AA in music. I'll probably start classes in the fall. What about you? How have you been?"

Horrible. Broken. Confused. Angry. I want to say all of these things, and I'm debating whether or not I should. I really want to be civil with him, but it's proving to be insanely hard to do so. He's acting as if everything was ok for me. He's acting as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"Do you......do you know how hard it's been for me since you left? Do you even care?"

His smile drops and is replaced by a frown, his eyes sad as he stares at me. He opens his mouth as if he is going to say something, but no sound comes out. I cross my arms across my chest, feeling my eyes watering even after I tell myself not to cry in front of him.

"You just left Taehyung. You left me without so much as a word of goodbye. I walked to your house after you yelled at me and broke up with me for essentially no reason to find it practically empty. Do you know how much that hurt me? Do you know how much I fucking cried over your sorry ass?"

I can see his eyes watering, but I don't care. For all I know, this could all be an act. For all I know, every "I love you" could have been fake. For all I know, he might not have even cared that he was breaking my heart.

"I'm over it. I'm not mad at you for what you did to me anymore. What I'm mad about is that you didn't even tell Jimin or Jungkook goodbye. They were your best friends. How could you leave town for two years and not even try to contact them in any way? Are you really that selfish?"

I can't help but step forward with every word I say, my anger and sadness that has accumulated over the years finally being released. I don't care that I'm making a scene. I don't care that I am crying in front of the one person that I vowed never to cry in front of ever again. I don't even care that he looks like he is about to cry himself. I push on his chest and he stumbles back in shock, both from my words and from my actions.

"I have been trying so hard. All night, I have been the only one to talk civilly to you because I am trying to be the better person. I don't blame the guys for being as rude as they are being. They were always there for you. They always had your back, yet you left them. You can't just come back after two years and expect everything to be fine. You can't come back and expect us to be happy after you went and abandoned us as if we meant nothing to you."

"I missed you so much" I sob pathetically, internally hitting myself in the head for appearing so weak. I finally can't take it anymore, turning around so that I can head back and tell Hoseok that I'm not feeling well. I am suddenly stopped, his hand wrapping around my wrist to pull me back.

My eyes are wide as I stare at him, my body frozen in shock. Oh my god. What do I do?