Part 34

Rain's pov

I haven't been to school all day today, and Taehyung is starting to get nervous. He texted me last night that he wanted to tell my something important tomorrow, but I haven't been able to see him. My parents got home this morning and insisted that we spend the day together since I haven't seen them in so long. I was just able to get away now, the wind blowing though my hair as I make my way towards the school building.

I check the time on my phone and speed up a little bit, my shoes clacking annoying on the concrete. The bell for the last period of the day just went off, and Taehyung specifically said that he had to tell me right after school got out. I have no idea what he needs to talk to me about that is so urgent, but I hope that it isn't anything life threatening or bad.

I stand at the front gates and wait patiently, watching the doors as students continue to spill out and into the courtyard. I stand on my tiptoes as I look around for him, my phone still in my hands. I had texted him a little while ago to tell him that I was here, but I never got a reply back from him. He must be talking to a teacher or something, so I will just wait until he gets released so that he can tell me whatever it is he was adamant on me knowing.

Minutes pass and I start to grow impatient. I had sent him five more texts after waiting for at least thirty minutes, the air starting to get colder around me. I hug myself as I start to shiver, still waiting in the same spot for him. He should have been done with whatever he was doing by now. I tap my foot nervously as I continue to look at the door, growing more and more impatient as the time rolls on.

"Fuck it" I mumble to myself, pushing away from the gate so that I can walk around. I am too cold to simply stand here waiting for him. Maybe if I walk around towards the back I will see him there or something. I let my feet carry me around the perimeter of the school as I stare up at the clouds, glancing down at my phone from time to time to see if he has texted me back yet.

I turn the corner and stop, my eyes narrowing at the two people I see by the other corner. They seem to be arguing, one of the people pushing against the other's chest. The person who was pushed doesn't do anything at all, simply standing there as the other yells at him and points. I gasp when the person doing the yelling suddenly punches the other guy in the face, him crumpling to the ground.

I can't help but run towards the two, watching as the one that struck first climbs on top of the one that fell. I suddenly stop, my eyes widening when I see that the one getting beaten up is none other than Yoongi. The one on top of him continues to hit him even after Yoongi has obviously lost consciousness, his fists covered in blood.

"T-Taehyung?"

He doesn't stop. He hits Yoongi over and over again, rage burning clearly in his eyes. I cry out and run towards him, latching into his arm as he raises it again.

"Kim Taehyung, what are you doing?!?" I yell, holding onto his arm with all of my might. He stands before pushing me off of him, causing me to stumble slightly. He looks at me while he points a finger down at Yoongi, blood dripping down from his finger.

"This fucker had the nerve, the audacity, to come up to me and threaten me to keep you safe and to never hurt you. Like he did that himself. He has absolutely no right to talk to me like that after what he did to you."

I sob as I look at him, tears streaming down my cheeks as I turn my gaze towards Yoongi.

"I already told you that I forgave him. You were killing him Taehyung. He was simply looking out for me. You didn't have to go and beat him up!"

He looks at me incredulously as I run over to Yoongi's unconscious form, sitting down and bringing his head onto my lap. I put my fingers agains his neck and feel for his pulse. It is still there, but faint, his chest rising and falling as I look at him. He looks dreadful. His eyes are black and purple from where he was hit, his lip cut open as well. Blood flows freely from his nose, a bruise beginning to form on his jaw as well. I look up when Taehyung scoffs, his eyes glossy as he stares down at me.

"So that's how it is huh? You're just going to run back to your ex like the little slut you are while I'm over here trying to protect you?"

It feels as if someone just stabbed me in the chest, my eyes watering even more at his words. How could he even say something like that? Yoongi is hurt and he's over here accusing me of wanting to go back to him?

"T-Tae. You don't mean that--"

"Yes I do!" he yells, cutting me off.

"I have been nothing but good to you, and you come over here and decide to run to this piece of shit. I'm sorry Rain, but I don't date whores. We're done."

"Taehyung....."

He sneers at me before turning away, his back stiff as he gets further and further away from me. I am left sitting here with Yoongi's head in my lap, his blood staining my hands and the white fabric of my t-shirt. I can't help the uncontrollable sobs as Taehyung gets further and further away from me, my heart breaking in my chest.

"Kim Taehyung!"