Part 81

Rain's pov

"Taehyung....I need to talk to you."

Taehyung and Jimin freeze mid-laugh, their eyes wide as they look over in my direction. Their mouths are wide open before they awkwardly close slowly, Taehyung noticeably gulping. It would be rather comical if it weren't for the situation. 

Him and Jimin glance at each other before Tae reluctantly follows me into my room, Hoseok and Yoongi looking at us in concern from their spot on the couch. I wait by the door and watch Taehyung as he enters the room and sits down on my bed before closing the door behind us.

"I saw you and Ami fighting earlier today" I say right off the bat, crossing my arms across my chest. I notice the way that he avoids eye contact with me, instead looking at the far wall. I don't understand him at all. Why would he fight with his fiancé in public like that? Does he not want her to like him or something?

"Yeah.....a-and?"

He's nervous. I can tell. He refuses to look in my general direction at all, his fingers playing with the edge of my blanket. Thats what he would always do when he was trying to get out of something. That is also what he would do when he was hiding something that he didn't want me to find out about. 

"I also heard some interesting news from Ami's doctor."

He looks up at this, his eyes wide as he stares up at me. This time its my turn to look away. I'm not sure wether I should be mad at him, or sad. I know that it was Ami and his business about her infertility, but why would he act as if nothing happened? 

"Why didn't you tell me that you actually wanted to have kids? Why didn't you tell me that Ami is infertile? Why Taehyung?"

I can feel my eyes beginning to water from all of the stress I have been feeling lately, a headache starting up as well. I don't know why I am crying right now, it probably due to my emotions being overstimulated. I had read that woman get overly emotional during their pregnancy, and I guess that is correct.

Taehyung slowly stands up from the bed when he sees me begin to fan my stinging eyes, concern showing clearly in his eyes. Why does he make me so confused? One moment he says he loves Ami, and the next he is looking at me as if he never wants to look away.

"I'm sorry Rain. I didn't think that it was important at the time, so I didn't even think about telling you. I would have told you if I had known that you would care so much about it Kitten, I swear."

I momentarily freeze in my spot, my tears all but forgotten as I stare at him. He doesn't seem to realize that his pet name for me slipped out of this mouth, but I did. My heart beats in my chest, it so loud that I'm afraid that he might be able to hear it from the other side of the room. I blink a couple of times to get out of my stupor, more pressing matters at hand.

"Why did you agree to raise this baby Tae? Was it because of Ami? Were you going to ask if you could keep him or her?"

His eyes widen considerably when my words sink in, his head shaking rapidly from side to side, "No! I-I-I didn't--"

"Its ok" I say quietly, cutting him off from whatever it was he was going to say. "I understand how important this is to you, so I'll do it. When the baby is born, you and Ami can have it. Start a family with her Tae. Love her like you say you do, and be happy. Your happiness is all that matters right now, because I've pretty much given up on mine."