Part 87

Rain's pov 

I stare out the window of the doctor's office, not focussing at all. I feel really bad for my doctor, considering I should be paying attention to him while he speaks, but I just can't seem to be able to focus.

Taehyung hasn't been answering my calls. He answered the first call but ended it short, saying that he had to fix some things before he could face me again. It has been two weeks since then, and I am beginning to get worried. I can tell that the guys are worried as well, us not used to being around the apartment without Tae there.

What I also find strange is that Ami hasn't been answering my calls either. She used to call me every day to see how I was doing, and now I can't even reach her. The phone either goes straight to voicemail, or it rings a couple times before the call is disconnected. She is avoiding me, and I have no idea what I did.

"Miss Rain......Miss Rain, did you hear me?"

"What?" I say distractedly, turning back around to face the doctor fully. He gives me a disapproving look and I blush in embarrassment, saying a timid 'sorry' as I motion for him to continue on with whatever it was that he was saying.

"As I was saying, looking at the results of your last ultrasound, I am now able to tell you what your baby's gender is. Would you like to know now, or wait until the day of the delivery?" 

The intake of air that I was breathing in gets stuck in my throat, the room going silent as stare at him. I can clearly hear the sound of my heart thudding heavily in my chest, the sound getting faster and faster as the seconds creep on. Do I really want to know? I'm supposed to distance myself since I already said I would give the baby to Taehyung and Ami, but I can't help but be curious. 

"I-I......Yes.......I would like to know now."

.......................

"Rain!"

Taehyung? I stop in place, looking around the parking lot of the hospital in confusion. I had thought that I wouldn't see him for some time, but there he is, lounging against a pole. I cross my arms as he walks up to me, a large smile on his face.

"What the fuck was that for, huh? Not answering my calls for weeks on end. Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

He winces as I continue to hit him on the arm repeatedly, his face screwing up in pain. He finally has enough, grabbing on to both of my hands and holding them in his own.

"Alright, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't overexert yourself too much. You're pregnant Kitten, therefore, you should take it easy."

I sputter out nonsense as I look up at the man standing in front of me, unable to form a full sentence. How can I when he looks so handsome with his long hair partially covering his eyes? I can't stop the blush that forms on my cheeks as I force myself to look away, clearing my throat as I pull away from him. Get yourself together Rain, he is getting married soon.

"I should go now" I say quietly, suddenly upset. He frowns in confusion as I walk past him, probably wondering why I am acting this way.

"Wait, Rain, I have to tell you something."

"Just leave me alone!" I don't mean to yell, but I do. I want to take it back as soon as I do, but I can't, the feeling of my throat clogging up due to me beginning to cry filling my senses. Why do I have to be so fucking emotional all of the time? Why did he have to come waltzing back into my life like this? Why doesn't anything go my way?

"What's.....what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I scoff pathetically at the concern in his voice, leaning my head back as I try and keep my tears at bay.

"You're what's wrong Taehyung. I love you, ok? I love you so damn much, and it hurts so fucking bad. I tried so hard to leave you alone. I tried so hard to push my feelings aside and let you and Ami be happy, but it isn't working. I can't help but think about you every day. I can't help but think about how things would be different if we were together. I want you to be mine so bad that it is tearing me apart on the inside."

The strangled sob that leaves my mouth makes me want to crawl in a hole. I hate being like this in front of him. I hate crying, and seeming weak in front of the one guy that made me feel like I was perfect. I tried so hard to deny my feelings for him, but I can't anymore. I don't want to love I'm because I know that I will just get hurt again.