Part 78

Rain's pov

The drive on the way to the clinic was silent. I ride on the way back is turning out to be just as quiet. I glance over at Taehyung as he drives, my foot tapping nervously on the floor in front on me. He has been unnaturally silent today, which isn't really something that I am used to.

I decide that I can't take the silent treatment anymore, reaching over and tapping him on the shoulder. I huff and pout immaturely when he doesn't even look over at me, his focus not shifting even a little bit. I admire his attentiveness while driving, but damn. He could have at least said something to acknowledge me.

I try a different tactic, reaching over and poking his cheek instead. I smile when he blinks in surprise before glancing at me form the corner of his eye, me finally having caught his attention. That's not enough for me though. I poke his cheek again and again until I see his lips turn up slightly in the corners, it obvious that he is trying to hold his smile in.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung. Why won't you talk to me?" I ask with a fake serious look on my face, turning in my seat to stare at him accusingly. His deep chuckle echoes throughout the car as he finally smiles, the sound alone causing me to grin up at him as well.

"Sorry Rain. I've just been having a tough time lately" he answers, his honesty shocking me. I wasn't expecting to get a truthful answer out of him, my smile fading as I look up at him.

"Is........is everything with Ami ok? Have you still not told her?"

His troubled expression is all I need to see in order to know the answer. He looks over at me and shakes his head "no" before turning back to look at the road once more.

"No, I haven't told her. She's getting suspicious though, which is totally understandable. I have been telling her that I have gotten assigned to work the evening shift at the cafe so that I can be with you and the others during that time. She doesn't like me being away all the time though. We seem to fight about it every night."

He sighs in aggravation, his hold tightening around the steering wheel. He must really love her if he is getting this upset. No-one likes it when they fight with the person that they are with, and Taehyung is no acceptation. 

"You should tell her Taehyung," I say softly, not wanting to make him any more upset than he already is. "She deserves to know."

He doesn't answer me, a frown etched into his face. His eyebrows are creased as well, it obvious that he has been stressing out about this for some time now. He suddenly smiles, turning towards me as if everything is ok. I can tell that it is forced though, the sadness and guilt he must be feeling underlining his expression.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to unleash all of my problems out on you like this. I guess that I am just so used to telling you everything."

I laugh awkwardly, not sure what to say. I understand him though. It had felt natural to let him tell me what he was feeling when he wouldn't tell anyone else about his problems. We used to do that all the time when we were together. I guess old habits die hard.