Part 53

Rain's pov

"Thanks for coming here with me Rain. I would have asked Taehyung to come with me, but I am currently mad at him" Ami says with a smile as we sit in the food court. I cough a little as I choke on the boba that I was drinking, surprised by her words.

"What's going on between you two?--If you don't mind me asking" I ask curiously. They seemed so perfect together that I hadn't imagined that they would have fought. She laughs humorlessly as she shakes her head, her eyes growing sad as she looks at me.

"He...Taehyung, he...he told me that he kissed you."

Well shit. My eyes are wide as I stare at her in shock, not knowing what to do with this information. The good news is that she doesn't seem to be mad at me, so he must have told the truth about me not kissing him back.

"Ami I'm....I'm so sorry."

She waves her hand in front of her face as she smiles at me.

"I don't blame you at all. In fact, I'm kind of glad that we are getting to know each other more. The slap on the cheek you gave him must have been a good one. He was too embarrassed to tell me about that part, but it was too red to be anything else."

"I'm sorry that you had to figure out that way....I'm sorry it even happened in the first place" I say honestly, feeling bad for her even though I was not the one at fault. I know what it feels like to be cheated on, and I know that feeling isn't pleasant.

"It's ok. I'm willing to forgive him as well. I know what it's like to encounter your first love. All of your emotions come flooding back to you and you can't help but wonder what it would be like to act upon those temptations that are clouding your mind and your judgment. I'm upset that he couldn't control himself, but I don't necessarily blame him either."

Wow. I would have never guessed that she was such an understanding girl. I find myself understanding what she is talking about as well. I know that I had hated myself whenever I caught myself glancing at him because I was unable to look away. The feelings that I had for him before came swarming back to me, and I guess that's the way it was for Taehyung as well.

"Anyway, enough of this depressing topic and on to a happier one. I heard that your birthday is coming up soon!"

How did she know that? Did Jimin tell her that as well? Nonetheless I find it sweet that she seems more excited about my birthday than I am, her smile wide as she takes my hand and swings it from side to side. I can feel myself blushing as I lower my head, feeling flustered all of a sudden.

"Y-yeah, but I don't think I'm going to celebrate it this year."

She gasps, her hand flying up to cover her mouth.

"Nonsense! Let me throw you a party. I promise that it will be super fun" she says as she picks up her drink once more. I'm left with no choice in the matter as she talks about my party, her voice getting louder the more excited she gets. Her being Taehyung's fiancé is awkward as fuck, but I guess Ami is turning out to be a really good friend.