Part 63

Rain's pov

No one is speaking. I can feel the stares of both Hoseok and Ami on the side of my face, Ami's curious while Hoseok is concerned. I'm not paying attention to either of them though.

I stare at Taehyung as he continues to look at the ground, his eyebrows scrunched and his forehead creased. It is as if a thousand things are going through his mind all at once, his gaze on the tops of his shoes.

"What's going on?"

I finally tear my gaze away from the guy who has a lot of explaining to do, looking at Ami with wide eyes.

"Nothing. I just wanted to ask Taehyung about something" I say with a fake smile, walking over to the said guy. I grab his arm none too gently before pulling him a little ways away from the other two as Hoseok starts a distracting conversation with Ami. I wait until I know she is no longer looking at us before turning on Taehyung, my eyes wide with disbelief.

"What the hell Taehyung? You didn't tell her?" I hiss out softly, not wanting to make a scene. He still doesn't look up at me, his eyes downcast and vacant.

"No."

"Well why not?"

That's when he looks up, catching me off guard. His eyes are red and bloodshot, them puffy around the outside. My heart immediately softens at his desperate gaze, it looking as if he had been crying all night long.

"Why do you want me to tell her so badly? Do you want her to hate the both of us?"

He has a valid point. Ami is one of the sweetest girls that I have ever met, and I value our friendship a lot. If she found out, she would never forgive me. Even so, she shouldn't be kept in the dark like this. I know that I had hated finding out about Yoongi cheating on me by myself. Yeah, he had his reasons and I already forgave him for what he did, but it still hurt like hell at the time.

"Taehyung.....maybe she'll be understanding. Maybe she will be able to forgive you."

I watch as he shakes his head, his eyes hard.

"She won't. Who in there right mind would forgive a cheater? Hoseok is an idiot for forgiving you."

I can feel myself getting angrier by the second, my face slowly turning red. He has no right to talk to me about being forgiven. He has done so much shit to me and his friends. I already know that Hoseok shouldn't have forgiven me. I think about it every night. I know that what I did was wrong, so I came out and told him about it. It was his choice to forgive me, and Taehyung has no right to judge him for it.

"Or maybe you're just a coward" I say in a hushed whisper, my voice quivering with emotion. His eyes widen at my tone,  guilt coloring his face for what he said earlier.

"Maybe you're just scared of her knowing what you did. We were both in the wrong Taehyung. No matter what you may think, she deserves to know. If you're too scared to tell her, then I will."

His eyes widen as I turn around, his hand latching around my upper arm. I pull my arm from his grasp yet I don't move away, glaring defiantly at him as he walks towards me.

"P-please don't tell h-her" he whispers. His voice is so soft that I can barely hear it, his eyes pleading with me. I cross my arms in front of my chest, hesitating due to his sudden softness.

"Why? Why shouldn't I?"

"Because....."

He pauses, looking down while he bites his lower lip.

"I love her."

The pain that hits me at those three little words momentarily blinds me. I feel as if my heart stops in my chest, the tingling ache making me breathless. I can feel it as my eyes start to water, mentally cursing myself for feeling this way. What did I expect? Why do I still feel this way after all this time apart?

I turn away from him before he has a chance to look up and see me like this, stalking over to where Hoseok is before grabbing his hand. I wave goodbye to Ami and just leave, not saying anything as I go. If Taehyung wants to keep this from her, then I guess I will let him. It's not my place anymore. I can't interfere with love.