Dinner at Henry's

"I'm not really planning to, he might kill me and then kill you 'cause I expect you'll have some rubbish cold come back to deal with him" I put a pillow behind my back as I started a new game of chess on my phone. "Viola, he's your father he has to know. It's the right thing to do" Sherlock said sitting on the sofa across me.

"Fine, right thing not right thing bla bla you tell him then. He'd probably disown me or something" I sighed, Sherlock was giving me a headache already. "That would require a lot of money and court cases and what not. I doubt your father is the type to be fond of visiting court houses"

I rolled my eyes at his comment "Ughhhhh, what are we going to do about this?" "Have dinner, confront him and ill draw you a nice bath when we're back" Sherlock's tone was filled with sarcasm as he read today's paper.

I glared at him "Are we done with your sarcasm for the day? It's 11 in the morning and I am not pleased" I spat at him. He sighed and got up "Get dressed, we need to buy you a few books" "What books? I don't read" I scowled, getting up and I followed him to the bedroom.

"Maternity related books, you need some knowledge on the topic" Sherlock said putting on his suit jacket as he fixed it. I looked at myself in the mirror, taking my top off "Oh lord, I'm going to get fat... ugh" I cursed under my breath. "Are you listening to me?" Sherlock asked. "Ehhhh! Stop whining over my head Sherlock! I'm the one who's going to get fat in 9 months I'll be a cow not you!"

"I wont be a cow sure, but Ill definitely be taking some relaxing medication if your attitude is going to be this way for the coming 8 months" He said shortly. "Good to know, maybe get a prescription from now. Or oh wait, you've got Billy. You don't need prescriptions" "Relax Viola, don't start up with Billy's topic again. Stress isn't very beneficial for their health" He narrowed his eyes at me.

——————

Dinner time at Henry's

"Finally we can see you two happy! Your health is fine Viola?" Aline asked Viola sweetly as they all sat on the dining table. "Yes absolutely fine, it was tough at the beginning but Sherlock was the one who motivated me always. He didn't give up on me, nor did he leave my side" Viola said genuinely, as Sherlock looked at her with surprise as he squeezed her hand.

"I heard about what happened" Henry started. "Aha, let's not ruin our evening with that father" Viola warned. "It certainly wasn't the best idea what you did Sherlock" Henry ignored Viola's glares. "Certainly, it was. However, we came here to discuss something else" Sherlock said, taking a sip of brandy from his glass.

Viola sighed wiping her mouth with a napkin as she finished her mashed potato, she looked at Sherlock as Sherlock looked back at her. Henry looking back and forth from both of them "What matter would we be discussing then?" He asked.

"Well, it's a sensetiv-" "Viola's pregnant, we came here to inform you that" Sherlock cut Viola off. Her jaw dropped open as her eyes widened glaring at him. Sherlock's tone was very casual and cold. Like this was everyday news.

Henry's fork dropped to his plate as he blinked twice, Aline watching the staring contest between Sherlock and Viola's father. "Oh sod this..." Aline muttered. Viola already told her about the baby, but refused to tell her father. Of course, until Sherlock convinced her.

"You got my daughter pregnant? That's what you're saying?" Henry said, calmly. Sherlock nodded "Yes, that's correct" he replied shortly. Henry turned to his daughter "You're pregnant?" He asked her again. "I am, yes" Viola sighed rubbing her temples. "What the fuck is the matter with you?! YOU, PREGNANT?! HUH?!" Henry started scolding her.

"Excuse me? How about congratulations to begin with father huh? We're in a stable relationship I don't see what the problem is!" Viola arched an eyebrow. "Congratulations? Well, congratulations for the lack of responsibility you have! How on earth would someone like you raise a child huh?!" Henry scolded again.