Chapter 21

hi guys :) I was so happy with all your comments on the last chapter and i am really glad you liked all the drama! Big surprise, huh? It came out of the blue to be honest. And because of all the urgent update comments, I am updating! Hooray! Here is Chapter 21! *Song on side kinda relates to whats happening and how Niall ran in to save Liam so yeah, listen if you want :)*

Liam's P.O.V

Everything is happening too fast and i cant cope with all these thoughts. Zayn tried killing me...I nearly died...Niall rescuing me....We're stuck in a fire and could die. Its all happened in less than an hour. I've always imagined Niall as my knight in shining armour but now he literally is. He put his life in danger just to save mine. For me. I cant believe him. What i cant believe even more is that Zayn would do something so evil...like beating me up and tripping me is alright but trying to burn me alive? He could've killed way more people than me. Like right now, it looks like he's going to kill me and Niall.

We're stuck. The fire is blocking the door and spreading even more and both me and Niall are injured. I hurt my arm by banging into the door too hard and Niall, he's injured all over...all because of me. "Niall, you can put me down, I can walk, I'm ok" i say and he lets me down. He winces as he does and screams out in pain. "Babe, are you alright" I ask, panicked. He nods his head but pain is clear in his face. "Come on, we need to go before the roof collapses or something" he says, going into a fit of coughing. I run off, leaving him leaning against the wall, to go look for something. Ah there it is!

I run over to the water fountain and try it to see if its on. Yes, its still working. Now all i need is something to carry it to Niall in. I see a bottle but its pretty close to the fire. Niall needs it though, do it for Niall. I run over as fast as possible and grab the bottle. My hand touches the edges of the flames and it burns, it burns bad. It's for Niall though. I run away from the fire and back to the water fountain. "Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up" I repeat to myself, praying it makes the water go faster. When the bottle is almost full, i run from the fountain and try to find Niall again. I could really use some of the water myself  because my mouth is so dry and I feel like i'm going to faint any minute but its for Niall. Niall is way more important than my stupid dry mouth.

I find Niall and his eyelids are rolling to the back of his head, shit. I shake him and he looks at me, weak. I open his mouth and pour the water in. He coughs some of it up in surprise but gulps some down. "I love you" he says to me, weakly smiling and holding my cheek. "No, no, no, Niall James Horan, your not dying on me, no" I say, tears streaming down my face. I lift him up off the ground and wrap his arms around my shoulder so he doesn't fall back down. I basically drag him with me, I make sure there's nothing behind me that we could trip over. We have no time for that.

"Hang in there Ni, you just need to hang in there" I say, holding Niall closer to me. I search around in the smoke, praying that I can get Niall out of here as quick as I can. I lean against the wall, or what i thought was the wall. Me and Niall fall to the ground, him on top of me. I get up, helping a coughing Niall. "Liam, leave me. Save yourself. Please"  he says, knelling on the ground. I lift his head up and my breath catches in my breath when i see blood flow from his mouth. Oh shit. He's coughing up blood. "Nope, come on, we can do it babe, I'm not leaving you, ever. You die, I die remember?" I say, tears fully flowing down my cheeks. I look around where we are...its the room we met up in just today. Its seems like months ago now.

I feel Niall lie his head on my chest and look down to see him closing his eyes. I jump. "No Niall, you cant close your eyes! please stay with me Niall, I'll find a way Niall just stay with me ok" I say, panicking. He cant die on me. It would be all my fault. I look around, desperate to find something to help us get out of this mess. The window! How could I have been so stupid? I lift Niall off  me and he lies his head back against the cabinet behind him. I try to open the window but its locked. Shit. I guess we are going to die together after all. I hear Niall start to cough again and nearly jump out of my skin when I look over at him. The fire has spread and is coming in the door right beside him, shit. I run over to him and lift him up, carrying him to the back of the room.

Now we're really stuck. There's no way out now. Niall wasn't supposed to die like this, he was supposed to be an old man. Me, I don't care much about dying but Niall, he has his whole life in front of him. He has a loving family back in Ireland, a nephew, a brother, a mother, a father, Louis...oh shit Louis! Oh no, Louis...he's going to be so heartbroken that Niall's gone. Niall's like his little brother, oh no. And its all my fault! "I love you and I'm so sorry I got you into this." I say, tears  running down my face. Niall looks at me shocked before shaking his head. "No, no don't be sorry, it was my choice to save you and I'm glad I did so at least you didn't have to die alone. We can die together. I love you Li" he says, connecting his lips to mine. This is it. Our last kiss. Sad that it had to end like this.

When we pull away, I see him look over my shoulder at something. A spark comes to his eyes. He's got an idea, hopefully its about escaping. I can't let him die here.He's got family and his life ahead of him. He tells me his idea and I mentally give myself a slap across the face for being so stupid and not thinking of that. "Ok, count of three. One....Two.....Three.." I shout to him as we run towards the window, throwing the table. I turn around and hold Niall close to me. I feel sharp glass dig into my back but I couldn't care less. We're going to be ok. We're going to live to see another day.

I punch away all the sharp edges of the glass at the window, not caring if I bled or not by now. All I care about is getting Niall safe and sound and away from the fire. I lift him up and he swings his legs over the edge, hissing as his legs come in contact with the ledge. "Jump babe, I'm right behind you" I say, kissing his cheek. He jumps the short distance to the ground and lies on the ground. He gives me the thumbs up to say he's alright. I throw my legs over and I'm about to jump when my trousers get caught in a piece of glass. I'm stuck. Shit. The fire is coming closer to me as I keep tugging my leg out the window. I hear a ripping sound and soon enough I'm jumping and on the ground, my ankle throbbing. Niall stands up and limps over to me. I hiss in pain and fall to the ground when I attempt a step. I cant walk. I think I broke my ankle from the fall. "Don't worry, I'll lift you" Niall says, lifting me up bridal style.

He limps around the side of the school and I can see all the teachers and students. Most of them are crying. Wait, why are they crying? "No, I need to go get him and save him, I cant let Mr Horan die, no" I hear a girl scream. Oh...so their crying over Niall? They must think he's dead or something but thankfully he's not. I look up at him and give him a weak smile. He is my hero. My knight in shining armour. Literally now. He has just saved my life and put his at risk by doing it. He gives me a kiss on my forehead and limps from the side of the school. Immediately, everyone falls silent.

"Let me down Ni and I'll try walk" I whisper to him. He nods his head, letting me down easy. I hiss in pain at my ankle but Niall comes on my right side to support me. We limp over to the awaiting crowd. Me and my hero.