Chapter 25

I am just really sorry about the last chapter...Like really sorry, its all I've been thinking about since I seen the comments and I feel really shit at the moment.. But that was the plot...Without it, I have no idea what would happen...I was going to delete the story but then I remembered how far it has come...I'm sorry if any of you's hate me right now but it can never amount to how much I hate myself for having to post that and upsetting you guys...I'm sorry x   (WARNING: Death & Sadness)  *You might have to read Chapter 8 to un confuse yourselves about Liam byway. Unless you remember...*

Liam's P.O.V

I feel Niall shake in my arms as I pull the blanket up on us more. The officer smiles sadly at us and then looks across the room where Zayn is. He hasn't spoken or did anything since he screamed when he found... I feel a shiver run down my spine as an image comes into my mind. I shake my head to hopefully shake the thought out of my head. It seems to have worked. The only sign that Zayn is here is his heavy breathing. He stares at the ground as if it is the most interesting thing. I don't pity him, no, I couldn't even if I tried. Not after all he did to me.

"Alright lad, we just need you to come into this room so we can ask you a few questions about the...eh...incident" The officer says to Zayn, grabbing his arm. Zayn shakes his head fast, his face scrunched up. "We will only be a minute son, then you can leave" The officer says, lifting Zayn's chin up  so Zayn was looking him straight in the eye. Zayn shakes his head again before tugging his arm away from the officer and running out of the police station with tears streaming down his face.

The officer runs a hand down his face, rubbing his neck. I guess he is annoyed. He was only doing his job but Zayn cant really be blamed. Harry was his best mate after all. "Well I guess its you son, then" he says to me and I look down. "Can you question us both at the same time? Be easier for Niall here" I say, gesturing to the shaking Niall on my lap. He nods and smiles sadly at Niall. He has been shaking and muttering things I cant hear ever since he seen Harry. For once, I have to be the strong one out of the two of us.

I lift Niall up and carry him bridal style into the room. Two officers sit the opposite side of the table and I sit down on the one chair with Niall on my lap. He looks from my shoulders at the guards before hiding his face again and sobbing. I shush him and kiss the top of his head. He calms down a bit when I rub circles on his back. If anyone seen us now, they would never guess that the crying boy on my lap was actually my teacher and is six years older than I am. But he is just shocked at what he seen...I'm guessing it was his first time seeing a dead body before...I was exactly like that too.

Another image pops into my head and I can't hear the question the officer is asking me. Ruth. It has been so long since I thought of her. Well I always keep her in my prayers and if I ever get a chance, which I haven't really, I go visit her but never really think of her appearance. I never think of the beautiful, little five year old girl I once knew. I feel someone shaking me and I come out of my trance, letting out a broken cry. My windpipes feel like they have just been tied as I remember the little girl who used to go out into our garden and return a few minutes later with a daisy chain crown for me. I would wear it in front of her just to make her happy and then bin it because it was embarrassing. I really wish I had kept it now.

Niall stares at me in disbelief and so do the officers. I close my eyes and breathe heavy. I count to five before I open my eyes. "Ruth" I whisper as I feel a tear slide down my cheek. "Are you alright, sir?" The officer asked me and I nod. "Sorry about that, what were you asking?" I ask politely. I need to stop thinking of her and get on to what is happening now. Niall stares at the side of my face and I turn my head, giving him a little smile. Even when his face is red and blotchy because of his crying and his lips is trembling, he still manages to look beautiful.

The officers let us go after they ask us some questions. I answered most because I knew Niall was too shocked about everything to answer. We begin the walk home and I put my arm around Niall's shoulders, pulling him closer to my body. It is quiet for a while before Niall spoke. Something he really hadn't.

"That wasn't your first time seeing a dead body, was it Liam?"