Chapter 26

Hey guys :) I'm feeling a bit better now, thanks to all you guys! I really thought you's all hated me after I wrote that chapter! Thank you to everyone reading and I hope you's all enjoy! Love you's xx

Niall's P.O.V

Shit. I knew I shouldn't of asked such a personal and dumb thing. God, he looks like he's in pain and I can see clearly the tears that are beginning to form in his eyes. Why do I have to be so stupid and ask such a thing?

"Shit Liam, I'm sorry, don't answer that, I shouldn't of asked, I'm sorry" I say, putting my arms around his shoulders and pulling him in for a hug. He shakes his head against my shoulder. "It's fine, you didn't know." He says, pulling away and giving me a sad smile.

"You don't have to tell me now, I can wait until your ready" I say, holding his hand and squeezing it gently. I don't want to upset him anymore than I did. "No, you deserve to know" he says, pulling me to a bench beside the woods. We are 10 minutes away from home but I guess he wants to sit and tell me.

He lets out a heavy sigh and closes his eyes. "I was 9 at the time and she was 5. Ruth. She was beautiful" he smiles at the ground while a tear slides down his cheek."I was the annoying but caring big brother and she was...well she was Ruth. No words I say can say how amazing she was." He says, looking up at the sky. Oh no...

"We were a happy family once...me, my mam, my dad and little Ruth. Then I destroyed all that." He says, putting his hand into a fist and squeezing it so much it was turning white. I grab his hand and he relaxes.

"The accident happened. We were all on the way home from dinner,it was evening time. Dad was driving while mam sat in the passenger seat. Ruth sat behind mam, swinging her legs off her seat, humming to herself. I was full to the stomach from the lovely dinner we had. I got bored and Ruth had fallen asleep after 10 minutes.There was nothing fun or interesting in the car for a 9 year old so I began to kick my dads seat really quickly. He turned around to give out to me, I wish he hadn't. Maybe if he didn't, he could've dodged the lorry coming towards the left of the car. Maybe then Ruth would've still been here." Liam finishes, burying his head into the crook of my shoulder letting out loud sobs.

Holy..."sshh baby, it's ok, I'm so sorry about your loss but it's not your fault, ok baby?" I say, whispering in his ear, trying to calm him. He shakes his head.

"It was my fault! At her funeral, while we watched them bury my little sister, my dad had his hand on my shoulder and he squeezed it hard and said "That should've been you, not her" and I agree, it should've been. I should've been dead, not Ruth." He says, looking down.

"Don't you ever say that, you hear me Liam? I love you. If you had died, I wouldn't of never got the chance to find the one I really love. I wouldn't of found my soulmate, the person I can go on for hours taking too and never get bored. So no, you shouldn't be dead because I really can't see a life without you near me" I say, a tear in my eye.

He has a shocked look on his face as if he is seeing three of my heads. I can't take it anymore... I gently hold his jaw as my lips connect with his. His eyes automatically close and so does mine. I put everything into the kiss. My passion, my love...my desire for him.

" I love you too" he says when we pull away. He hugs me tightly and I hold onto him tighter. My poor, broken boy, I plan to fix you.