Chapter 49

Hey guys! I can see you guys were not suspecting that big twist in the last chapter but yeah, Greg's home! Some asked how and that will be explained now :) Anyway, thank you all so much for everything! You guys are seriously amazing! ♡♡ I love you all, really! ♡♡ P.S Make sure you have tissues, it's an emotional chapter omg.

Niall's P.O.V

"But how are you home? You...you know what you did, why aren't you in the police station?" I say, mind blown that my brother is standing in front of me. "I mean it's great your here and not missing Christmas but how did you persuade them to let you out?" I say, explaining myself more. It's brilliant that he's here for Christmas, I was missing him. Everyone was, I could just tell. "God don't act too happy to see me or anything" Greg laughs, coming over and wrapping his arms around me.I grip onto him, tightly.I never noticed how much I missed him. It has been ages since I last seen him.

He pulls away from me, keeping his hand on my shoulder. "I'll sit down and tell you all the story, okay?" he asks and sits in my chair. Liam smiles at me, patting his knees. I blush and sit on his lap as he wraps his arms around my waist. Greg looks down at his arms around my waist and raises his eyebrows at me. "No wait, first tell me whats going on here and who is this lovely gentleman you're sitting on, Nialler" Greg says, wiggling his eyebrows at me smiling. I lean into Liam more, hiding my blushing face in his neck. Liam laughs at me before taking away one of his arms from my waist and strecting his hand to shake Greg's hand. "My name's Liam and uhm I'm your brother's boyfriend, it's nice to meet you" Liam says, shyly. I watch as his cheeks go a light shade of red when he says "boyfriend". Cute.

"Oh...so your the man who has stole my little brother's heart? I will have to have a little chat with you alone, later just so you know what will happen if you hurt my brother" Greg says smiling. I watch Liam's face drop and he is quick to speak. "No..I wouldn't dream of doing that, I swear, I could never hurt your brother, I...I love him very much" Liam says, smiling down at me and then looking at Greg again. Greg looks between us and nods. "I believe you, Liam. I trust you to care for my brother but you seem to already be doing that." Greg says, smiling. "I love you too byway" I whisper into his ear and he giggles before turning to me. He kisses me for a few seconds before pulling away and blushing.

"Okay so the reason I'm here is because I managed to persuade them to let me out until a court case can be settled. I'm on house arrest meaning I can't leave the house or else they will come and probably just lock me up straight away. How would they know I left? Well this bloody heavy thing on my ankle makes sure I don't leave and has a tracking device so I can't go far" Greg explains, showing us all the metal thing wrapped around the bottom of his leg. "Oh, I suppose that makes sense. Its good to see you, bro" I say, smiling at him. He smiles back at me, looking down after.

Greg turns in his seat and faces Mam who sits across from him. "Hi mam" he says, low and unsure. He is scared she hates him for killing dad. Mam stares at his face blankly, not opening her mouth. He looks down, biting his lip. Mam gets out of her seat, still looking at him blankly. "Mam, please. I didn't mean too, he was trying to kill my son, your grandson! I had no other option! He was killing my little boy" Greg says, tears forming in his eyes. I go over quickly, sitting him down and hugging him. I rub his back slowly and whisper things to calm him down. I look to the door and see that Denise is with mam, trying to reason with her. After a few minutes, I pull away from Greg and motion for Denise to bring Mam back.

Mam seems to realize how much she hurt her son by ignoring him as she runs over to him, crying. I watch as he wraps his arms around her and cries more. "I'm so sorry mum, I didn't mean to do it." He cries into mam's shoulder. I feel Liam pulling me towards him so I sit back down on his lap again. "You okay?" Liam whispers into my ear and I nod at him. He smiles before pecking my lips. "Good" he says before wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

After Greg and Mam sort thier problems out and forgive each other, Denise serves us the dinner which has sort of gone cold but none of us seem to mind. We're all just glad we have each other here, I guess. Execpt for mam, who has gone to bathroom as an excuse to cry. She must be thinking of dad and how he's not here and is missing this. I feel really bad for her, she really loved that bastard. Even if he was a evil, cruel man and has even abused her, she still cared for him. He didn't deserve her love but he got it anyway.

I feel Liam's hand grip my knee, rubbing it softly under the table before moving up and intertwining our hands underneath the table. I smile at him beside me, leaning in to kiss his cheek. He goes a light shade of red before looking down and bringing my hand in his to kiss it. I feel my cheeks redden so I quickly look away so he doesn't see me.Damn that boy and how he makes me blush over the smallest things. I love him so much.

"Can I see you outside after babe?" Liam whispers, looking nervous. I nod at him, confused. "Are you okay?" I ask concerned. He is biting his lip quite hard and his two knees wont stop shaking. "Yeah, I'm fine babe. Thanks for asking" he says, pecking my lips and turning to sip on his champagne that Denise served us with. I don't think she knows that Liam is as young as he is and I'm quite worried that he will end up drunk easily. I don't know how easily he gets drunk, we never really drink.

After dinner and when everyone is gone to the living room to watch tv, Liam grabs my hand and guides me to the front door. We put on our coats and make sure to keep wrapped up. When we go outside, Liam intertwines our hands again before walking. I follow quietly, curious to where he's bringing me and what he has to say. We walk until we come to the local park where I used to spend a lot of my teenage years with my mates. We walk through the little pathway, trees either side of the path. The lights illuminate the shadows of the trees and it looks magically with the snow aswell. It reminds me of something from Narnia or something.

And when we walk past all the trees, the sky comes into the view and I gasp out loud. "Wow Liam this is beau-" Liam stops me, mid sentence by grabbing my face softly and kissing me passionately. I kiss him back after a few seconds of shock and hold onto his waist tightly. Our mouths move against each other so perfectly, it makes me realize why none of my last relationships didn't work out. They didn't have what me and Liam has. Chessy as it sounds, Liam is the one. My soulmate, my forever love.

I pull away, breathless and panting for air. Liam still has his hands on my face, stroking my cheeks softly with his red, cold fingers. I told him he should of put on gloves before we went. We stare at each other for I don't know how long before one of us finally decides to speak. "I love you Niall" Liam whispers, biting his lip smiling. I smile back at him. "I love you too Liam" I say, pecking his lips. "Niall?" he asks, slowly. He has his eyes closed now and is leaning his forhead against mine. "Yes?" I ask, confused. What's up with him? He's acting a bit strange tonight. "Look at the stars, Niall. Look at how many there is and how they shine. Do you see them?" Liam asks, keeping his eyes closed. I do as he asks and I look up at the stars. "They are beautiful, Liam. Why do you ask?" I ask, still confused.

He lets out a breath before opening his eyes to look at me. "Yes Niall, they are incredibly beautiful. Do you know why? God made them that way. He made every single one of them. Why? So the sky wouldn't just be a pit of darkness, surrounding us. The stars light up the entire sky and I think it's amazing because it reminds me of you. You're the shining star in my life of darkness. So beautifuil, so full of life. You came and just like the stars lit up that dark sky up above us, you light up my world and helped me through the dark and there isn't enough words in the world to thank you Niall." Liam says, staring into my eyes although it feels like he's staring into my soul.

"Anyway Niall, the sky up there it has countless stars and I guess that sums up how much I love you really. There isn't a number that exisits that represents how much I love you. So look up again Niall and take a good long look at how they shine in the night sky. Take a look at how many there is, how much I love you" Liam says, pecking my lips before tilting my head up. I giggle at how cute he is and stare at the stars. "You're so cheesy Liam, I'm starting to think you're turning into a cheeseball" I say, still giggling. I look down from the stars to Liam and I stop giggling. My eyes widen and my heart pace speeds up as I see the love of my life on one knee in front of me with flowers in his hands.