Chapter 34

Hello my lovely people :) How are you's?? :) Again, thank you all so so so much for everything! I still can't get over the amount of people who read this! 21,122 K is just incredible! Never in my life would I imagine that many people would read my story so Thank You! I love every single one of you and I can't thank you enough, even if I tried! You guys are amazing <3 Thank You <3

Niall's P.O.V

Stupid me. Why the hell did I suggest going to Louis' house? Liam is terrified right now. I went for advice but only made the situation worse. Trust me to do that. I always manage too. Ugghh. What am I going to do?  I look over at Liam who just stares at the suitcase on the floor. He's being doing that for a while now, just thinking to himself. I need to snap him out of it, reassure him that everything will be alright. Because it will.I believe it will.

Babe..." I say quietly, incase I scare him. He looks up and over at me. He tries putting on a smile but it is easy to see it is fake. "Yeah.." he says, his voice hoarse from not speaking for so long. "You do know we're going to get through this, yeah? That our whole lives won't always be as stressful and bad as they are now. This is only a obstacle in our life, babe. It won't always be like this. We are going to build a bridge across this and forget about it. I won't put you through this much pain in the future, I promise. The future will be way better than it is right now. And there will be a future for you and I. I wouldn't want it any other way." I say, my voice breaking at the end due to the tears at my eyes.

No, Niall stay strong for Liam. You got too. "We've been through it all Li, who says we can't go further?" I say, turning his head to look into his eyes. So many years of pain are held in them. How can someone be so beautiful yet so broken? How can someone hurt a boy like Liam? I picture a 9 year old Liam, covering his arms over his face while the man who is supposed to be his father, flings his fists at him. My dad once hit me striaght across the face. It hurt so much but the feeling of disgrace hurt a lot more. I remember crying into Louis' shirt for 3 hours, because of one hit. And here in front of me sits a boy who has been hit more times than can be counted. Every day Liam had to put up with that. And nobody was there to dry his tears away.

 On top of the beatings, Liam also got bullied.To the point where they tried to kill him. Which is a pretty extreme thing to do. It's beyond crazy. Liam's went through death, beatings, bullies, a fire, self harm problems and yet he is still in front of me. He is a true example of bravery. My brave Liam. I let a tear slide down my cheek but this time it is a happy tear. A proud tear. Because I am proud of Liam for being here right now. He had many reasons to give up on this world yet he stayed and battled through it. He is simply amazing.

I stroke his cheek softly before connecting his lips with mine.I'm so happy that I get to be the one to kiss him whenever I want. His lips move slowly against mine and I love it. Not as much as I love the boy in front of me though.

After we break apart due to lack of oxygen, I just stare into his eyes. "I'm so proud of you Liam" I say, truthfully. He gives me a confused look. "Why?" he asks, confusion clear in his voice. I laugh at all his confusion which makes him give me a weird look but he smiles anyway. "I'm proud of you because you had so many reasons to leave his world yet you stayed and battled through it all like a true warrior. My warrior"  I say, pecking his lips softly. He smiles at me but shakes his head.

"I'm nothing like a warrior, I just faced the hard truth which is life and got on with it. Nothing brave about that." He says, looking away and acting like it wasn't a big deal. But it was. "Babe, you don't even know how strong you really are. Exactly, you got on with it. That's a huge thing for someone who has been through all you have. I know I wouldn't of been able to do it if it was me in your position. You dont see that you being alive right now, is an example of a true living warrior." I say, remebering something. I stand up quickly which confuses Liam. I just laugh at him and put up two fingers to tell him I'll be two minutes. He just laughs and nods at me. I run quickly to find what I am looking for.

When I walk into the sitting room, Liam archs one of his eyebrows up at the object I'm holding. "You play?" he asks, referring to the blue guitar that is in my hands. "Yeah. I've played since I was 12 and I guess it just stuck with me." I say, smiling down at my old 'Bestie'. Yeah, stupid name but I was 12 and at the time, I thought it was incredible. "Wait...are you going to play for me?" he asks, with a suprised look. I laugh. "Yeah, it's actually a song I wrote when I met you and then when I began to fall in love with you." I say, blushing. "You write songs...about me?" he asks, seeming shocked. "Yes, why are you shocked?" I ask him, curiously. He just shrugs and begs me to play the song. "Ok, calm down. I'll play the song for you. It's called 'Thinking Out Loud' and yeah, it's about us I suppose.." I say, beginning to strum the guitar but not before checking to see Liam's reaction when I said the song's about 'us'. He goes a dark shade of red and smile's goofily at the ground. Cute.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And darling I will be loving you till we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
 Maybe it's all part of a plan
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's overgone and my memory fades
And the people don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same

Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

 Maybe just the touch of a hand
  Well I'll continue making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

So baby now

Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are."

*Song ; Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Song at the side :) x*

I finish the song, breathless. I put my entire heart into singing and playing that song. It is the first time I ever played for anyone, ever! I just hope he doesn't mind my 'not so perfect' singing(it is perfect though omg). I look up and Liam is staring at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. A few tears have fallen from his eyes, down his cheeks. I put the guitar down, suddenly thinking it wasn't such a great idea after all. The next thing I know, a body is on top of mine and lips are on mine. I move mine against his at the same rhythm as his and wrap my arms around his waist. I think this a good sign then. After we pull away, he smiles at me and this time, it  is a real smile. I smile back widely. "I'm guessing you liked it then?" I ask and he nods quickly before burying his face into my neck. "Not as much as I love you though" He says, making my heart beat faster. "I love you too Liam, I love you too" I say, wrapping my arms around him tighter.

My warrior Liam.