Chapter 35

Hi guys :) So what do you guys think of the big news? I can't wait to start Ghost, it is going to be so much fun :D I know I say this all the time but seriously thank you guys for everything, I can't get over it, this story just seems to get more reads every minute! It's crazy!! Thank you, you amazing people <3 Here is Chapter 35 for all you lovely people :) *Incredibly long, holy shit*

Liam's P.O.V

It's Monday. Me and Niall's first year anniversary. I went to the shop yesterday evening and got him stuff like flowers and chocolate and his favourite aftershave. It was really hard to hide all them but I did. The chocolates and aftershave are here while I got Louis to keep the flowers in his. They are a bit too big to hide and a bit obivious. Speaking of which, I need to go get them before Niall wakes up. I set an alarm for half 8 so I can wake up first and go get them. And since I don't have a driving licence, I have to jog to Louis'. Tiring but worth it. I throw on a pair of sweatpants and a jumper and leave my messy curls the way they are and get going, leaving a note on the table incase Niall wakes up. I obiviously dont say I'm going to Louis' to get him flowers, I just write that I've gone out for a morning jog. Which is sort of the truth.

After I write the note, I begin my 'not so little jog' to Louis'. On the way, I stop at the petrol station to get myself a bottle of water. My mouth feels as dry as the Sahara desert after that jog and I'm only halfway there. "Hi Liam" I hear a familiar voice behind me and I nearly jump out of my skin as I turn around and face him. Zayn Malik. My biggest fear.

My fear quickly dissappears though when I see his face. It is red and puffy as if he was crying for hours and his lips form a frown. Even his death threatning eyes are dark and sad looking. In his hands are roses and gardening tools. Wait...gardening tools? Never in a million years would I think of Zayn as a gardener type. I almost forget to respond to him. "Oh..hi Zayn" I say, kinda scared he will suddenly kick the shit out of me. He has done it before. He gives me a small, sad smile before going to the counter to pay for his stuff. He just walked by me. No threat, no bad names, no hits, no kicks, nothing.

I guess Harry's death made him break. Harry was his best friend after all but I never thought it would have this much of an impact on Zayn. Here he is, at half 8 in the morning, buying roses and gardening stuff. Something then hits me when I see him turn around, a tear running down his cheek. Thier Harry's roses. He bought the gardening stuff to garden Harry's grave. Well, that is the only thing that I can think of anyway. Maybe he isn't. I need to do something, I know he treated me like dirt and everything and nearly killed me but seeing him like this, so broken and defeated reminds me of a 9 year old me. At that time, all I wanted was a friend. Maybe Zayn does too.

I walk over to where the flowers are and pay for them quickly before running out the shop to find Zayn. He isn't far from the shop due to his slow walk. It even changed. He used to walk so cocky and confidental with his head held high in the air but now he just walks, broken. I jog over to him and he turns slowly and gives me a suprised look when he see's me beside him. "I know we had our bad times Zayn but I just wanted you to know I'm ok with it. I'm not saying I completly forgive you but over time, hopefully I will. Just know if you ever need anyone, I'm here. And I was hoping you would give these to Harry. I only guessed you were going to see him, maybe I'm wrong bu-" I say, getting interrupted by a body slamming into mine and a face burying into my shoulder.

Woah. Zayn Malik is currently hugging me. I snap out of my daze and hug him back lightly. I still dont trust him this close to my body but he need's someone. I know how it feels to need someone but have no one. And I just want to make sure no one else experiences as much pain as I did back then. "Thank you " he sobs out into my shoulder. His whole body shakes as he cries into my shoulder. Never once, did I hear or see Zayn Malik crying. I always thought he didn't know how to but I guess I was wrong. He pulls away after a minute and wipes his eyes. "Here " I say, giving him the flowers I just got. He smile's sadly at me. "Thank you. And I'm sorry for everything even though a sorry will never be enough for what I put you through." He says, looking down and biting his lips. Guilt.