Chapter 42

Hi guys! :) Oh my god Mr Horan has 30 K reads :o WHAT?!? Thats absolutely crazy, thank you so much guys for everything! Wow..thats just unbelievable! I'm so happy right now :D Thanks guys! Love you's <3

Niall's P.O.V

I look over at Liam who shrugs his shoulders. I get off Liam and go to the front door to see who is there. I am suprised to see 3 police officers at the front door. I don't remember calling the police. I know I was going to but then either mam or Liam stopped me so why are they here? "Hello Officers. How may I help you?" I ask, giving them a polite smile. "Are you Mr Niall Horan?" The officer closest to me asks and I nod my head. "Yes, thats me. May I ask why you wa-" My sentence gets interrupted by the other two officers coming in and pinning me against the table. One grabs my arms while the other puts handcuffs on my wrists. "You are under arrest for the suspious murder of Bobby Horan" The officer holding me says and my heart skips a beat. "Wait...what?" I shout at them, shocked. Someone killed Bobby...and it wasn't me.

"Let him go, he didn't do anything, he's innocent, he was with us the whole time officers, let him go" Liam shouts across the room, trying to get by the officer who is pushing him away. "Get off me, he didnt do anything, my baby's innocent" Liam cries out, tears falling down his face. My mam just stands there, looking at the scene, holding on tightly to the table beside her. She has gone into a shock, I can tell. I don't blame her, she just heard that her husband has been murdered and is watching her son get arrested for it.

I didnt do it though...as much as I would have loved too, I never touched him. Who killed him though? And why am I the one to blame? Ahh so much thoughts going through my head. I look over to Liam who is staring at me, tears rolling down his cheeks. He looks heartbroken. "Come on, we have to bring you to the station son" The officer behind me holding my arms, says nudging me towards the door. I dont budge though. "Only if Liam can come." I say through gritted teeth. Fuck the kind, polite Niall, the guy is trying to arrest me for nothing after all!

"Fine. Grab the other lad, he wont go unless he comes." The officer says to the other two who nod grabbing Liam roughly. "Eh be careful, dont throw him about as if he's a doll." I say, staring at the police officers. They laugh rudely and grab Liam tighter. I roll my eyes at them before mouthing "it will be okay. dont worry, I love you" to Liam. He still has tear tracks down his cheek. He nods at me before mouthing "I love you too" to me. They have no evidence that it was me who did it so I know for sure they can't put me in jail for it.

When we arrive to the police station, I see our neighbour Ms Ahern sitting on one of the chairs inside. When she sees me, she gives me a disgusted look and shakes her head. "Never thought you could be such a cruel man, he was your own father how could you?" she says, getting up and walking by me. What? Cruel? what did I ever do to her? "Okay Mr Horan, you will be asked a number of questions inside here concering the murder of Bobby. You will be connected to a lie detecter so you can't fool us." The officer informs me, dragging me into a random room. I look behind me quickly at Liam who stands with a confused and sad face. "Don't worry Liam, we'll be out here soon, when they actually realize I didn't do anything." I shout to him before the officer shuts the door in my face. How nice...

The officer takes the handcuffs off and leaves as another guy comes in, gesturing the seat to me. I sit down and massage my wrists with my fingers. They hurt now because of that stupid officer and his handcuffs. I read the mini sign on the guy's desk which reads 'Detective Gerry". I look up at the man who I learned is detective Gerry. "Okay Mr Horan, my name is Mr Burns but you may call me Gerry. I'll start off by asking you questions just about your dad, then I'll hook you up to the lying detecter and get down to real business okay?" he says, with a serious face. I nod at him and wonder should I ask him something. "Gerry, can I have Liam in the room for all this? It would make me feel a lot more comfortable if he was here." I ask, praying he lets Liam in. This is so nerve wrecking without him.

Gerry seems to think for a minute before nodding. "I guess so. As long as he doesnt interrupt though" Gerry says, getting up and walking to the door. He whispers something to the officer and the officer nods before leaving. A minute later, he brings in Liam, holding his arm behind his back. The officer gives me a  sarcastic smile as he shoves Liam into the chair beside me and walks off. "Asshole" I hear Liam whisper under his breath and I laugh. "Your'e right about that" I say, smiling at him. I lean over quickly, pecking his lips before sitting back. Gerry returns to his desk and smiles at Liam. "Welcome Mr Payne, can I ask that you please stay quiet during Niall's interview and not interrupt at any point?" Gerry says to which Liam nods.

"Are you ready to begin Mr Horan?" Gerry asks me and I take a deep breath before nodding. "Wait.." I say quickly before Gerry has a chance to say anything. I intertwine my hand in Liam's and give him a quick kiss on the cheek before sitting back. "Sorry, continue" I say, smiling. I hope none of them notice how scared I am behind my smile. "Okay so Mr Horan, how was your relationship with your father recently?" He asks and I gulp. Shit.

"Uhm...it was...well it wasn't the best but that was because I introduced him to Liam as my boyfriend and he freaked out on me. He doesn't like gays at all and he hated me for being gay...last night he even told me I'm not his son anymore..." I say, a tear falling down my cheek. Keep it together Niall, you need to stay strong in front of everyone. Gerry nods and takes down notes in his little notepad. "Would Bobby be the reason behind Liam's swollen jaw?" Gerry asks, pointing his finger at Liam. I look over at Liam and his bruised jaw and frown. That was meant for me and me only. Not Liam. "Yes. He hit Liam last night but the hit was meant to be for me. Liam..protected me." I say, looking down embarassed.

"Oh...Has anything like that happened in the past or was this new?" Gerry asks, his eyebrows down. "It happened last night when he hit my mam before he stormed off and it has happened in the past too when I came out of the closet, he was abusive to my friend Louis who has a scar on the back of his head from when my dad....cut him."I say, gulping at the memory. What a terrible night. I'm suprised Louis still talks to me after what happened.

"Oh. Is this friend available to talk too?" Gerry asks, writing more stuff down. I really want to see the notes he has taken. "Uh no, he is in england at the moment" I say, looking at Gerry. He nods and puts down the notepad. Uh oh. This cant be good. "Alright Mr Horan, it is time for your lie detecter test. This test will tell us the truth behind your fathers murder" Gerry says, smiling at me. "Good because I didnt do it" I say, between my teeth. "Lets let the lie detecter see about that" Gerry says, switing on the machine by the wall and putting a strap on my wrist. I guess this is it...