v.

"The triplets' bedtime is 8, but if they're being brats, you can make it earlier. The other kids can stay up til 8:30. Don't give them any sugar after 6 or they'll be up all night. The triplets get their diapers changed before bed. Hobi wears Spider-Man pull-ups. They're set next to his bed. Let's see, what am I forgetting...Jin gets a book before bed, and Yoongi will probably fall asleep early on the couch, so just carry him into his room and tuck him in after he's out. They each have their own stuffed animal...Jin can help you with that." Namjoon turned to his wife. "Am I forgetting anything, honey?"

She nodded. "Their vitamins. I put them on the counter. They need to take them with their dinner."

"At 6:30," Namjoon quickly clarified, correcting his wife. "They have to take them at the same time every day."

His wife just nodded, rolling her eyes slightly. The way it had worked out, she had kept her job and worked full time while he had spent the majority of his time raising the kids, feeding them, getting them all off to their respective schools, picking them back up, etc. He'd had to quit his normal job, but he still picked up occasional hours when his wife took off to watch the kids.

As for why he stayed home instead of his wife...He wasn't really sure. Well, he was, but it wasn't much of a reason. She'd simply always been the sort of outgoing social person who needed to be out there to feel complete. Namjoon, on the other hand, had wanted kids for a long time.

More specifically, he'd always hoped to have a daughter that he could treat like a princess.

Dumb luck - or unluck - had provided him six boys instead. Although he'd hit close to the nail with Jin as a princess.

Another part of the reason was that, in the words of his wife, she'd kept them all in her womb for 9 months each, so it was time for him to chip in. So he'd traded his job for hanging up scribbles of stick people and eggs on the refrigerator and watching ladybugs dance around on a stage.

But honestly, he didn't miss his job altogether that much.

Namjoon smiled anxiously at the sitter. It had been a little over a year since the triplets had been born, and Namjoon hadn't gone on a date with his wife in at least that long. But she'd asked him last night if he was free, and he'd said sure, and then she'd told him that she'd already booked a sitter and that they would be going out. He couldn't exactly refuse, but he was worried about his kids. They'd never had a babysitter before, or at least, not since the triplets had been born and Namjoon had been home full-time. Three babies was a lot more work than one baby, and he hadn't wanted to risk hiring anyone to take care of them.

But tonight was special. For what reason, he didn't know.

"Our cell phone numbers are on the pad by the phone. Call us if there's an emergency. If you have any questions, just text us," his wife instructed, and the sitter nodded. "All right, then. We'll be on our way." She gave each of the boys a kiss. Namjoon followed, tousling Jin's hair, rubbing Yoongi's back, stretching Hobi's cheeks, and tickling each of the triplets until they laughed. Then he followed his wife to the car and got in the passenger seat. Even as he buckled, though, he was looking out the window toward the house.

"They'll be fine, right?"

"Relax. They'll be fine."

***

"All right. What do you guys want for dinner? Frozen pizza or chicken nuggets?"

"PIZZA!" Hobi yelled, jumping up and down. "Pleasepleaseplease!"

Yoongi frowned. "Be quiet. You're too loud."

"Wait," Jin said seriously, turning to the boys before looking up at the babysitter. "This is important, okay? Are the chicken nuggets the regular ones or the dinosaur ones?"