xiv.

"All right, we've been here for six hours, we're going home," Namjoon said, sighing and trying to summon all the remaining energy he had left just to corral his children towards the car.

Until Taehyung said the words he dreaded most.

"Where's Jimin?"

"Shit."

"What's shi-"

"Don't say that, Tae," Namjoon immediately said, but Tae just tilted his head.

"But Yoongi says it too sometimes? And I wanted to know what it is?"

Namjoon turned to glare at Yoongi, who was in turn glaring at Tae for throwing him under the bus.

"Watch who doesn't buy you anything Gucci for Christmas," Yoongi snapped.

"No! I- I take it back! Yoongi never said shi-"

"Tae."

"I'm sorry."

Namjoon sighed, doing the millionth head count of the day.

Jin, his mouth surrounded by the sugary remains of long gone cotton candy, 1.

Yoongi, pissed off even though I won him a Kumamon plushie, 2.

Hobi, hugging Yoongi and yelling in his ear, 3.

Taehyung, still trying to slip in a swear word, 4.

Jungkook, tired and ready for his nap, 5.

Jin, Yoongi, Hobi, Taehyung, Jungkook. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

5.

Not 6.

Shit.

Namjoon inhaled deeply. "All right. We're missing Jimin." He waited for the panic to settle into all of them, but they sort of just looked at each other and shrugged.

"Five is enough, right?" Yoongi asked, deadpan.

"No! Okay, where was the last place you guys remember seeing Jimin?" Namjoon asked. His heart was beating rapidly and it felt as though his windpipe were being crushed.

Jimin is out there somewhere, alone, probably crying, scared...

Jimin, my beautiful, precious child, is alone, without me...

Jimin could be stolen by someone.

Namjoon was having a hard time thinking straight. He was pretty sure that there was something he was supposed to do in these situations, someone he was supposed to contact so they could send out an alert, but at the moment, all he could think of was Jimin's chubby little cheeks and the way his hair stuck out when he woke up and how he rubbed his eyes with his tiny hands when he was tired and Namjoon was scared to think that he would never see those little cheeks and those tufts of hair and those little hands ever again and he was terrified that-

"He was on the horses with us," Taehyung said, frowning as he turned to stare at the carousel.

Without pausing, Namjoon grabbed Jungkook in his arms, took Tae's hand, and started speed-walking toward the carousel, keeping an eye on Jin, Yoongi, and Hobi. "Keep your eyes peeled for your brother."

"Daddy? Do you peel an eye like you peel a potato?"

"No, I- just- look for Jimin." Now he was really scared. What if Jimin had found a potato peeler on the ground?

"I don't see him, Daddy."

Namjoon's heart dropped. He knew that the longer Jimin was missing, the lower the chance of finding him. Someone could have taken him...They could have just picked him right up and walked out, or shoved him in a backpack and left through the exit gate... He struggled to take in a breath. What am I going to do without Jimin?