xxxii.

The morning was normal.

If by normal, that meant that Jin was extremely clingy to Namjoon, always wanting to hold his hand or sit on his lap or "help" Namjoon with whatever it was that he had to do, although Jin usually ended up making things more difficult to do.

"I can put it in the dishwasher, Daddy!" Jin said, jumping up but Namjoon had to follow him and take it back out.

"Sorry, Jin. This one has to be hand-washed because it's more delicate, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy!"

And a few minutes later...

"No, Jin, you can't microwave that because it's plastic, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy!"

And a few minutes after that...

"Jin, did you just add bleach instead of softener? Please tell me you did not just add bleach instead of softener. Please, Jin..."

"Okay, Daddy!"

Namjoon finally sighed and stopped Jin, pulling him aside. "Is everything all right, Jin?"

Jin squirmed in his grasp. "Yes, Daddy!"

"Jin."

Jin cringed. "Yes, Daddy?"

"The truth, please?"

Jin frowned. "I just don't want Daddy to work too hard."

"But Jin, I do this stuff every day."

"But..." Jin's eyes teared up. "I don't want Daddy to get tired of us and leave us like Mommy did."

Normally, Namjoon would have melted, but this time, he just sighed and rolled his eyes. "Why are my kids so stupid?" He gave Jin a look. "I send you to school, don't I? Answer the question please."

"Y-yes, Daddy."

"School is supposed to make you smart, right?"

"Y-yes, Daddy, I guess so..."

"So how on earth did you come up with a stupid idea like that?" Namjoon smiled softly at Jin, brushing his hair back with his fingers. "You just worry about doing well in school. Let me worry about the dishes and the food and the laundry, okay?"

Jin's eyes met the floor. "B-but the kids in school...never mind, Daddy..." Jin turned to leave, but Namjoon snaked an arm around his waist and scooped him into his lap.

"You're not getting out of this, Jin. Tell me what's going on. I want to hear what you have to say, okay?"

Jin briefly met Namjoon's eyes before staring back at the floor and shaking his head violently. "Everything's fine," he mumbled, but his voice sounded thick with unshed tears, and Namjoon wasn't going to just let him get away with that.

"Oh, I see...this like kid doesn't want to tell his Daddy...well, then his Daddy has no other option..." Namjoon said, holding Jin still before he started wiggling his fingers and tickling Jin's sides.

Jin squirmed, trying to hold his laughter in, but he gave up after five seconds, struggling to escape Namjoon's grip. "Let me go, Daddy!"

Namjoon eye-smiled. "Sure. As soon as you tell me what's going on in school." He stopped tickling, waiting to hear what Jin had to say.

"It's noth-" Jin started to say but then he saw Namjoon's fingers moving, ready to tickle it out of him, and he quickly shook his head. "The kids in my class don't like me," he said quickly, still watching Namjoon's fingers.