lxxx.

Namjoon decided to take his family somewhere as a fun trip together since they hadn't had much time for outings since Jimin had come back.

"Is there anywhere you guys want to go?" Namjoon asked. "I was thinking, maybe an aquarium or something, but what do you guys have in mind?"

"A greenhouse!" Jin suggested, grinning.

"A music store," Yoongi said, shrugging. Honestly, he was content to just sleep his way through the day instead.

"Let's find some street dancing!" Hobi yelled excitedly.

"Space Golf," Taehyung said, and Namjoon blinked.

"Do you like to golf?"

"No." Taehyung blinked back. "But I like the other part."

Namjoon just shook his head and sighed, looking to his next child, Jungkook.

"Um...maybe a petting zoo or something?"

Namjoon looked to Jimin last. "Jimin? Any thoughts?"

Jimin blinked his wide his eyes, biting his lip before tilting his head slightly. "Um...what is an aquarium?"

They all stared at him.

"You know," Jin said, confused. "It's like a zoo, only for fish."

"What is a zoo?"

They all stared at him in silence before Namjoon patted Yoongi on the back, as Yoongi's confusion tended to look a lot more like anger or frustration and Namjoon didn't want them to intimidate Jimin.

"A zoo is a place that has all different sorts of animals," Namjoon explained patiently, although it hurt his heart to do so.

"Like...like dogs and cats?" Jimin asked, frowning, unable to understand what everybody else seemed to obviously comprehend.

"More like exotic animals," Namjoon corrected. "Like lions and tigers and elephants and giraffes." He hesitated. "You know what those are, right?"

Jimin nodded slowly. "She showed me pictures."

Namjoon exhaled deeply before forcing a smile and continuing on. "Right, so, all of those crazy animals are in a zoo in cages and enclosures, and people go to the zoo to see them."

"The animals are in cages?"

Namjoon nodded. "So they don't hurt people."

"Do they like being in cages?"

Namjoon hesitated. "Well...I don't suppose they do...but a zoo has to be safe for people, and if there weren't cages, the animals might hurt people."

"So it's like they're being locked in their rooms?"

Namjoon laughed slightly at the analogy, but Jimin didn't smile. "Yes, I suppose it's something like that."

Jimin's frown deepened, and he looked severely unhappy. "I don't like being locked in my room."

Namjoon's laughter instantly died down, and he fought to find a subject change, any subject change. He wanted to hear about how Jimin was raised, but there was a time and a place for that, and that time and place didn't need to be in front of his other children. "Well, um, to answer your other question, an aquarium is sort of like a zoo, only it's full of fish."

"Are the fish in cages too?"

"Not exactly. They're in huge fish tanks."

"Huge?" Jimin's frown was replaced by a look of begrudging curiosity. "How huge? As big as the microwave?"