cxxxiv.

warning: explicit language

"Finally," Yoongi muttered, ripping his bow tie off as he entered their house and made his way to their room. "Damn thing was suffocating me."

"I think it was trying to get to second base with your neck," Hobi deadpanned, keeping a straight face.

Yoongi just rolled his eyes.

"Well?"

"Well what?" Yoongi asked, turning, and Hobi looked up innocently.

"Well, was your bow tie successful?"

Yoongi just smacked his shoulder and entered their room.

Jimin leaned forward over the rail so he could see them. "Hey," he said softly, and they looked up and waved.

"Hey yourself," Hobi said, taking off his bow tie before beginning to shed his layers of formal wear.

"Mingyu was worried about you," Yoongi said, doing the same. They'd been rooming together for years and had lived together for years before that, so they were comfortable with just changing in front of each other. He threw off his shirt and started unzipping his dress pants.

"Oh," Jimin said before pursing his lips.

"Yeah." Yoongi threw off his dress pants and was left in only boxers. Hobi was the same, only he threw on a shirt to sleep in. "He's in your grade, I guess. They just go to a private school instead of our high school."

Jimin nodded but remained quiet, obviously preoccupied with something.

Yoongi sighed, turning around to face Jimin. "Look, Jimin, I know you're upset or whatever but it's late and we don't have time for the Jimin Show today, all right? I want to get some sleep."

Jimin stared at Yoongi with an open mouth before shutting it and clenching his jaw, shaking his head slightly. "The J-Jimin Show?"

Yoongi exhaled. "I'm sorry, it just slipped out, okay? I didn't mean it. But I am tired so if you're having some teenage crisis, can it wait until the morning?"

"F-Fuck you, Yoongi," Jimin said, frowning down at his brother.

Yoongi's eyes widened, having never heard the word come out of Jimin's mouth, but Jimin wasn't done.

"E-Every time I'm f-feeling down or upset, one of y-you feels the n-need to remind me that I'm n-not the c-center of the w-world! I know that, Y-Yoongi! But I d-didn't ask to b-be this way! I d-didn't ask to b-be abducted! I d-didn't ask to g-get a stutter! I d-didn't ask to b-be me! I d-didn't ask to be J-Jimin! I j-just am!"

"Jimin-"

"Y-You and H-Hobi and K-Kookie have t-told me that I t-take too much attention! Well, s-sorry! J-Just get r-rid of me then! I'm s-sorry that I have emotions a-and that I c-can't always control them! I'm sorry that I g-get lonely s-sometimes! B-But if you're j-just going to tell me that I s-steal all the attention, don't g-give it to me! I d-didn't ask you to! I d-don't need you to h-hold my hand every t-time or ask m-me what's wrong! J-Just ignore me if I annoy y-you! I'm s-sick of always b-being the bad g-guy! Especially after all the t-times that I've c-cared for all of y-you!"

Jimin's eyes were watering, but he wasn't actually crying. They were angry tears, and he was doing his best to hold them in, mainly because he knew that if he cried, it would prove their point, that he was needy and desperate for attention and for someone to tell him it was okay and that he was okay.

Yoongi opened his mouth to reply, but the door opened, and their mom peeked her head in, quickly avoiding looking at her two older sons because she knew they were probably shy about being half-dressed in front of her. "I heard yelling," she said uncertainly, her eyes landing on Jimin and taking in his upset appearance. "Is everything all right? Yoongi?" she asked, looking back to him, but Yoongi didn't speak. She looked to Jimin. "Jimin? Are you okay? Do you want to talk?"