xliii.

idk why, just enjoy it

"All right, I took a day off work to spend time with you guys, so tell me what you want to do," Namjoon said, sitting on the couch in front of the kids with his elbows on his knees. He hadn't planned on taking the day off, but after going out last night with Mark's friend-of-a-friend, he'd realized that his kids were growing up too fast, and he didn't want to miss a single second of that. And that his heart simply wasn't ready to be broken again.

"Let's go to the moon!" Tae suggested.

Namjoon blinked. "Right, so do any of the rest of you have any ideas?"

Tae pouted.

Jimin started to raise his hand hesitantly before he quickly brought it back down.

"Jimin has an idea!" Hobi yelled, grabbing Jimin's arm and trying to forcibly raise it back up.

"Nuh uh!" Jimin yelled, shaking his head with a panicked expression. "No I didn't!"

"Yes you did!"

"Hobi, stop before you break Jimin's arm," Namjoon said as the two wrestled.

Hobi gave up reluctantly but shot out his tongue at the scared mochi.

"All right, Jimin. No need to panic. Just tell us what your idea was," Namjoon said, smiling at the trembling boy.

Jimin bit his lip before playing his the edges of his sleeves. "I j-just thought if we be nice if we all c-cuddled," he said, looking up at Namjoon at the very end.

There was a moment of silence before Hobi started laughing and Yoongi smirked.

"That's something a girl would say!" Hobi said, laughing, and Yoongi joined him, snickering.

"Tae's idea was better," Yoongi said.

Jimin just buried his face in his sweater, shielding his head with his arms and muffling his voice. "See! I knew you guys would make fun of me!" he  cried out.

Namjoon sighed and gave Hobi and Yoongi a sharp look before patting Jimin's head. "It's okay, baby. They aren't making fun of you."

"Yes they are."

Yoongi cracked up.

"Not anymore they're not, not unless they want me to melt down all of the crayons and pour the wax on their dance shoes."

Both Yoongi and Hobi paled before Namjoon smiled and went on.

"Why did you want to cuddle, Jimin?"

"B-because-"

"Please stop hiding your face, baby. I can't hear you."

Jimin swallowed before putting his arms down and looking up at Namjoon. "B-because when we all slept in Daddy's bed, I felt so warm a-and the monsters didn't get me," he mumbled, losing his courage and looking down.

"The monsters?"

Tae put a hand on Jimin's back. "Jimin has nightmares. Right, Jiminie?" he asked, leaning forward and pinching Jimin's cheeks.

Jimin scrunched his eyes closed, pouting. "S-stop it Tae!"

"Is that true, Jimin?"

Jimin looked up at Namjoon and nodded. "Mommy always tucked the corners in a special way but then she left and the monsters came back and I didn't want to tell you because I wasn't supposed to talk about Mommy but if she doesn't tuck me in, the monsters will get me but when we all were sleeping together they didn't come so that's why I said I wanted to cuddle," Jimin rambled.