lxiv.

"Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors."

-Khaled Hosseini

***

Hobi, like Jin, decided to take Namjoon's offer to stay home with Jimin.

He waited until all the other kids were on their way to school, and then he looked at Jimin, clapping his hands excitedly. "Time for dishing out the drama!"

Jimin stared at him with wide eyes but took a seat on the couch next to Hobi, grabbing a pillow and hugging it in front of himself.

"Okay, so...let me think of a funny story about each of them." Hobi thought for a moment, his finger tapping his chin, before he lit up. "Okay okay, so I think I mentioned the whole Lala incident the other day?"

Jimin nodded.

"Okay, so here's what happened. Remember Lala, Jin's flower?" Another nod from Jimin. "Okay, so, he's seriously attached to that thing. Probably because he has no friends. But don't tell Jin I told you that!"

"Why doesn't Jin have friends?" Jimin asked, frowning and hugging the pillow tighter. "He's very nice and pretty."

Hobi sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. He just doesn't. He might tell you that he does, and you just have to go along with it, okay? I don't know why, but he always lies about it even though we all know. But anyway...okay, so he's got Lala, right? Well, one day, Jin did something small to Yoongi – I think he woke Yoongi up by giving him a kiss on the cheek or something – and when Jin wasn't there, Yoongi took Lala and planted him in a patch of the same type of flower because he was pissed- sorry, he was mad – at Jin. Then Jin found out and he was hysterical! He spent, I don't know, like three hours looking at every flower individually. He finally found Lala – or at least, that's what he says, but none of us are really sure if it's really Lala because we don't know anything about Lala besides the basic color. So we could be living with an imposter. But anyway, to get back at Yoongi, Jin waited until he fell asleep and then he used eyeliner on Yoongi. And you know how Yoongi is super tired in the morning? Well he barely opened his eyes even in the bathroom when he was brushing his teeth, so he went to school like that! Just ask Kihyun and Wonho and they'll tell you all about it. I think they even took pictures," Hobi said, grinning, and Jimin laughed quietly.

"Tell me a story about Taehyung," Jimin said, and Hobi smiled.

"Sure! Okay, let's see...there are a lot with Taehyung...okay okay, there was this one time when we were all walking to a park, and construction workers had just put down fresh concrete for the sidewalk, and Jin told us not to walk in it because it was still wet, but you know how Taehyung can be. He thought it would be funny to not listen and walk in it anyway, only his foot got stuck, and he had to leave his shoe behind to get unstuck, so he walked the whole way to the park and back with just one shoe," Hobi said, grinning. "And the best part is that the shoe is still there. I'll have to show you sometime! I think someone filled it with dirt and planted flowers in it or something to make it more aesthetic since they couldn't pry it out," he said, laughing, and Jimin couldn't help but laugh long with him. Hobi was just infectious in a way; when he was happy, he spread happiness, and when he was laughing, he spread laughter.

Jimin liked him instantly. He made Jimin feel warm and comfortable. Safe.

"Okay okay, one day, well, one day my friend Wonpil came over and we were studying together only I guess to Kookie it looked like Wonpil was forcing me to let him copy my work and he came into the kitchen and started yelling at Wonpil and Wonpil is this precious child who wouldn't hurt a fly so he just sat there and took it and almost ended up crying before I explained it all to Kookie, who got so embarrassed that he went back into his room and shut the door." Hobi smiled fondly before his smile fell at the edges. "Speaking of Wonpil...Never mind."