cxxxvi.

"Sorry," was the first word out of Yoongi's mouth when he sat down on the bus behind Jimin.

Because Jimin had spent the night on the couch and their mom had driven him to school, Yoongi hadn't seen him since last night, and his chest was burning with the trapped apology. "I was-"

"You were t-tired and I w-was overreacting," Jimin said simply, turning around in his seat and peering over the top at Yoongi. "I was j-just pissed b-because you guys always s-say it's okay to c-cry and have feelings b-but when I do, y-you get mad. But I didn't n-need to be that upset or t-take it out on you. I was j-just lonely because you g-guys went to the event w-without me. But that's my f-fault too because I'm the one that d-dyed my hair." Jimin blinked. "I'm s-sorry, hyung. I messed up."

Yoongi stared at Jimin, his mouth hanging open, and Yoongi just ruffled Jimin's hair.

"Attaboy," Hobi said, winking at Jimin before looking back at Yoongi. "So you two are good now? Because something big happened and I know you two are very curious about the events in the daily life of Kim Hoseok!"

Yoongi nodded at Jimin, ignoring Hobi's last sentence before asking, "What made you come to that conclusion?"

Jimin just stared at Yoongi, shrugging lightly. "I j-just thought about it. And I h-had lunch with Tae and J-Jungkook today and I was j-just thinking of when we were younger and how m-much simpler everything was b-back then and how we argued over p-pointless stuff that we didn't n-need to and how we wasted so much t-time being upset over s-stupid things. I don't want to w-waste any more time, Y-Yoongi."

Yoongi nodded before sighing and pressing his forehead against Jimin's. "Jimin-"

"Ahhhh," Jimin said, pulling back so their foreheads were separated. "T-Too close hyung!"

Yoongi tolled his eyes as Hobi laughed. "Whatever," he said, glaring at both of them before crossing his arms and looking out the window, but his smirk was reflected in the glass.

***

"...that I sort of like, and I was thinking about asking her to the dance," Yoongi finished, lying on his back staring at the ceiling and trying to pretend that he was unaffected.

They knew, though. Smart little brats.

"HYUNG IS IN LOVE!" Hobi shouted, and Jimin giggled from the top bunk.

Yoongi didn't know if it was because of the apology or what, but Jimin seemed to have chilled down a bit. It was as though he'd realized that he had a tendency to overreact, and now that he's acknowledged it, he'd chilled out.

"Is she in your c-class, hyung?" Jimin asked, grinning a toothy smile, and Yoongi felt his face growing hot.

"She's actually-" Yoongi paused to cough and clear his throat. "Um, she's actually a year younger than me..."

Hobi hooted while Jimin's eyes widened.

"W-Wow, hyung..."

"So wait, she's in my grade?!" Hobi yelled, excited. "Ohmygosh,whatifthegirlYoongilikesisinmyclass?"

"How did you m-meet her, hyung?" Jimin asked, ignoring Hobi because he was used to him being overexcited.

"We have gym together," Yoongi said, scratching his hair.

"What he means is that he liked the way her legs looked in gym shorts," Hobi said, a sly smirk creeping onto his lips. "Cause you know the girls' gym shorts always ride up when they have to jog and if they don't keep pulling them down they just go up and up and up and-"

"R-Really?" Jimin asked, eyes wide.

"Oh, I forgot you don't have gym," Hobi said. In fact, Jimin hadn't been enrolled in a gym class since after he first resumed schooling for reasons discussed between Namjoon and the school district. Jimin still had to get a doctor's physical every year to make sure he was growing properly and was at an appropriate weight and muscle mass, but he didn't have to take gym. "Well, you're missing out, Jiminie. The shorts ride all the way up to here-" Hobi said, holding his hand in a blade at his mid-thigh, and Yoongi glared at Hobi.