li.

-5 year time skip-

ages:

jin - 12

yoongi - 11

hobi - 10

jimin - 9

taehyung - 9

jungkook - 9

***

To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself.

-Burton Grebin

***

cold (kōld) 

     1. of or at a low or relatively low temperature, especially when compared with the human body. 

     2. lacking affection or warmth of feeling; unemotional

case (kās) 

     1. an instance of a particular situation; an example of something occurring

     2. an instance of a disease or problem

  cold case (kōld kās)

     1. an unsolved criminal investigation which remains open pending the discovery of new evidence

***

 5 years, and Jimin had never been seen.

Lisa had tried everything. After failing on Yoo Hyehyeon's account, she had gone back to the preschool teacher, sure that the teacher had tried to lead her astray, but the preschool teacher had told Lisa that she was pregnant. Why would she abduct a child when she had one of her own on the way? Lisa requested records of her doctor visits, which Eungi gave to her to prove her story. Without motive, Eungi was also crossed off the list.

Lisa had gone through everybody she could think of. She had questioned every parent who had a child in the class. She had gone through the videotape so many times that if she shut her eyes, she could still see the grainy tape, the time stamp in the lower right hand corner.

At the end of every day that she had failed in finding Jimin, she had gone back to the tape and watched the clip from when Namjoon had walked Jimin and Jungkook into the building to remind herself that Jimin was real, he had been there, he had been in the classroom.

And then he had been nowhere.

Lisa had posted pictures of Jimin, and with Youngjae's help as a sketch artist, she had posted a new sketch every year of what Jimin would look like one year older.

But the pictures grew older while Jimin did not. In Lisa's mind, he was still just a lost 4-year-old, confused and scared and alone.

But Lisa had overturned every stone. Hell, she'd even tracked down the woman from the grocery store who had given Namjoon a chicken coupon. No luck there.

She'd investigated the ex-wife. She'd listened to recordings of their phone calls, wincing as she heard them yelling at each other and sympathizing with Namjoon. She'd wanted it to be the wife. Not just because she wanted - needed - to find Jimin, but because it would have given her someone to blame, someone who deserved it. She would have been able to remove that woman from Namjoon's life. And then maybe she would have been able to step in.