cxix.

warning: explicit language

"Jimin hasn't been talking for a week or two now, and-"

"What?" Jin blinked. "What do you mean, he's not talking?"

"It's not that hard to figure out, Jin," Jooheon said. "He won't talk."

"That's impossible, I saw him Friday and..." Jin hesitated, thinking back. Did Jimin say anything to me? He must have...

"And?"

Jin shook his head. "He must have said something."

"He didn't. He isn't talking to anyone, as far as I know. Even Hyungwon. He's really upset because Jimin hasn't said a word to him, and they had a fight the other day. Well, Hyungwon fought with Jimin, and Jimin didn't say anything. Look, Jin. I like Jimin a lot. I think he's a good kid and he hasn't been treated well by a lot of people. But as much as I care for your brother, I care for mine a hell of a lot more. Jimin made Hyungwon miserable, and Hyungwon isn't going to be happy until they patch things up, so hurry up and talk to Jimin and sort this all out, okay?"

Jin hesitated. "I won't see Jimin until Fri-"

"Talk to him today."

Jin paled. "I don't have time today, I have-"

"Make time."

"I can't, I have practice and-"

"Skip."

Jin bit his lip. "I can't, my teammates won't be happy with me if I-"

Jooheon snapped. He scowled and took a step towards Jin, who backed up against the teacher's desk. "And wouldn't that just be the end of the world if you weren't unanimously loved by every single kid in this school?" he growled. "What's more important, Jin? Your popularity or your brother? I know which is more important to me. I suggest you figure it out quickly."

With that, Jooheon stormed away.

***

Jin hesitated before pulling out his phone.

***

jinnie

hey Jimin can we talk after school today?

it's important

***

Jin waited for a response, but he received none, and his frown grew with each passing minute that his message was ignored. After another moment of hesitance, he went back to his messages and composed a new one to Yoongi.

***

jinnie

hey I need to talk to Jimin, where is he?

***

Jin was startled a moment later by the ringing of his phone, and he picked it up nervously. "Hello?"

Yoongi's voice came through from the other end. "Jimin isn't at school right now. He can't talk to you."

"Where is he?" Jin asked, worried. They should still be in school, right?

"We're at the hospital," Yoongi said, and Jin heard what sounded like a nurse yelling in the background.

"The hospital?" Jin swallowed.

"Yeah." Yoongi bit down on his teeth. "That stupid brother of ours hasn't been eating for over a week, and he passed out in class today."