lxv.

"Let me love you a little more before you're not little anymore."

-Unknown

***

A loud "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED?!" was followed by a thump, which was followed by a "NO DON'T PUSH ME DOWN THE LADDER HYUNG!"

And that was how everyone woke up that morning.

When Jimin opened his eyes, he looked up to see Hobi clinging to the ladder for dear life, Yoongi glaring at him. Then scene itself was odd enough, but something was bugging Jimin.

Wait, I'm in my hyungs' room...

I remember falling asleep with Hobi...

But Hobi is on the ladder...

So who has been snuggling with me?

Jimin blinked, turning his next slightly to see a familiar boxy smile that he'd dreamt of for 5 years.

"Surprise," Tae whispered, pulling Jimin closer, and a smile made its way onto Jimin's lips. "Are you surprised?"

Jimin nodded, more to please Tae than an answer to the question. "I'm surprised."

Tae smiled, his lips forming a rectangle, and it made Jimin feel warm inside. "Happy surprised or-?"

"Happy surprised," Jimin confirmed as Tae shifted, hugging Jimin like a possessive koala as Hobi yelled, "It's Tae's fault! He shoved me out of my bed so he could have Jimin all to himself!"

Yoongi's upside-down face appeared from the upper bunk as he looked down to glare at Tae. "Who said you got to monopolize Jimin?"

"Today's my day," Tae shot back, sticking his tongue out. "12:00 AM to 12:00 AM, all mine. If you want to talk to Jimin, you have to ask me nicely, and then I'll consider it," he added, sniffing haughtily as Yoongi stared at him through slitted eyes.

"I let you talk to Jimin on my day," Yoongi argued, and Tae just made a so what face.

"Yeah, well, that was a poor decision on your part," Tae said, sassy as usual. "You had your Jimin time, and now it's mine so I can use it however I want." He looked over at Jimin, who smiled hesitantly back. "Let's get breakfast!" Tae suggested, hopping out of bed but hanging onto Jimin's hand because he didn't want to lose contact with him.

Jimin smiled, following Tae, but shivered as he left the blanket behind.

"Aw, are you cold?" Tae asked before grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around Jimin so only his face could be seen. "There you go. Perfect."

Then Tae led the swaddled Jimin into the kitchen.

***

Tae made it a point to stay in physical contact with Jimin as much as humanly possible. He was either holding Jimin's hand, playing with his hair, rubbing his back, looping an arm around Jimin, or finding some other way to touch Jimin.

Jimin remembered Tae being sort of clingy, but not this much.

Not that he minded. He liked it, feeling loved and spoiled and warm all the time. For the past 5 years, there had only been the three of them: Eungi, Chul, and Jimin. There were no siblings yelling at each other at 7 in the morning or trying to push each other down ladders or stealing each other's flowers or drawing eye liner on each other. But there was also no one to cuddle Jimin throughout the night, no one to wake him up in a clingy hug, no one to play with him or hold his hand for no real reason or cover him in blankets when he was cold. He'd had Eungi as a mom, but she didn't fill the void.