cxxx.

Jungkook pulled his desk up to Taehyung's. They had science together, but since the teacher was late, all of the kids were spread out around the classroom, laughing and talking.

"So, because I'm a great brother and because I care about you very much and I knew you wouldn't find a date for yourself, I've compiled a list of all of the girls in all of my classes who are willing to go with me to the dance, and I figured if they're okay with me, then they'll be fine with you too, so pick which one you want," Jungkook rambled on, sliding over a heavily-used sheet of notebook paper that had three columns: yes, no, and maybe.

The no column was extremely long, the longest of the three, with the maybe list a close second.

The yes list had fifteen names.

Fifteen names, fifteen girls.

Tae's eyes briefly ran down the column before pushing the paper back. "I don't need a date."

Jungkook pushed the paper back. "It'll be fun! We can go together."

Tae just gave Jungkook a look. "I know you've wanted a girlfriend since pre-school even though you're horrible at talking to girls, but I'm not you and I'm not interested." He looked down at the paper for a second. "Besides, they're probably all ugly if they said yes to you."

Jungkook ignored Tae's jab because he knew that it was just Tae's way of showing his irritation with the subject. "They're nice and better yet, they're free and single and ready to-"

"And I'm free and single and not going to the dance." Tae crunched the paper into a ball and aimed for the garbage can.

"No! You can't! Those are my hopes and dreams!" Jungkook yelled, snatching the paper back and smoothing it out carefully, his eyes scanning the list as though to assure himself that all the names were still there. After he had been assuaged, he turned to his brother with a frown. "Tae! Look, I know you don't care about the dance, but I do, and I wouldn't have as much fun without you and I really want you to come with me! I asked so many girls because I wanted to make sure that we'd both be able to go with someone, even if some of them say no later on! I really want to go to the dance, Tae, but I really want you to go with me, okay? So please?"

Tae sighed, looking over at Jungkook. He'd always known that Jungkook would want to expand his social circles, and he'd long been afraid of being left behind. But Jungkook was trying to keep a foot in both worlds. He wanted to make more friends, but he didn't want to leave Tae alone. And he'd gone to all the extra trouble of asking so many girls, even though he had a phobia of actually talking to them, to make sure that he could secure a date for Taehyung. Even if one of the girls said no, there were fourteen others that Jungkook was ready and willing to ask.

For him. All for him.

Taehyung sighed before haphazardly pointing to a name in the yes column. "Fine. Her."

Jungkook grinned and was about to tackle Tae in a side-hug when the teacher entered, and he had to pull his desk back to its original position.

Tae just propped his head up with a hand, his elbow on the desk.

It looks like I'm going to the dance.

***

bro squad

Tae👽

so about the dance

kookie got me a date so we're both going 🤷‍♀️

what about you guys?

Jimin🐨

that's great!😃