~Chapter 2~

I WALKED into school next to Betty who was talking about how the new girl, Veronica, had interrupted her time of telling Archie how she felt

"I was so close Julie, so close!" Betty exclaimed as she opened her locker door.

"So close, but yet so far." I said with a dramatic sigh, while leaning up against her locker and looking around at all of the other students who seemed to aggravate me by doing absolutely nothing.

"I'm showing Veronica around today, wanna join me?" My sister asked as she turned to look at me, I nodded my head and placed a smile onto my face. "Sure, I'm also a peer mentor for a reason."

"Juliet!" The piercing voice of Cheryl Blossom call out as she came strutting down the corridor towards Betty and I, surprisingly Cheryl and I were kinda friends, by 'friends' I mean that I used to hang out with Jason a lot before he died.

"Good to see you again." She said quickly hugging me, the only thing we both really bonded over was our matching ginger hair and our love for Jason.

Jason blossom was one of my best friends here in Riverdale, he was dating my sister Polly at the time, then one day, Jason went missing and Polly was sent away somewhere.

"You too Cheryl." We talked for awhile before she decided to go and flirt with some boys and leave me to be, her followers following her closely as she strutted away.
.
.
"So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context." Betty started "Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently." Betty said as she showed Veronica around, I walked silently behind them both.

Veronica scoffed slightly. "Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town."

"Uh-huh." I muttered as I looked towards Veronica who smiled at me.

Veronica suddenly smirked and let out a giggle." So what's the social scene like here? Any night clubs?"

"A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo." Kevin said as he walked around Veronica.

"Friday nights, football games, and the tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot." I said with a small smirk on my face.

"Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale, and Sunday nights..thank god for the HBO."

"Veronica lodge, Kevin Keller" I introduced them as Betty and I smiled warmly.

"Veronica is new here." Betty spoke "Kevin is–"

"Gay, thank god." Veronica cut Betty of as she smiled over towards Kevin. "Let's be best friends."

"Is it true what they say about your dad? That he's the devil incarnated?"  I reached over and slapped his arm slightly sending him a glare.

"I stand by my father." Veronica spoke quietly. "Does everyone here know?"

I nodded sheepishly making her nod her head in understanding, "Wonderful." She spoke with a slight sigh. "Anything else I should know?"

"Oh, and of course there's the Back-to-School - semiformal dance this weekend." I said happily, my eyes trailed over to Archie who was standing with his friends, laughing.
.
.
.
Betty, Veronica, Kevin and I were all sitting in the assembly waiting for whatever announcement they were going to make.

"—Oh! There's the hottie Betty and I  were with last night." Veronica stated as she eyed Archie up and down, I felt myself become jealous as I knew nothing would ever happen between Archie and I now.

" The red-headed Ansel Elgort." Veronica sighed. "Is he your boyfriend?" She asked no one in particular.  

"No he's straight." Kevin said at the same time as Betty replied. "No, we're just friends." 

"What about you?" She asked looking at me, I shook my head. "Nah, just friends."

"In that case, mind putting in a word? I've tried every flavor of boy but orange." Veronica said.

Kevin shook his head. "Actually, to clarify Betty and Archie aren't dating."

"But they are endgame." I finished for him as he sent me a smile making Betty looked down, blushing and what I said.

"You should ask him to the semiformal then." Veronica said casually, I nodded my head In agreement and ignored the small voice in my head shouting at me to 'ask him myself'

"She should, but I heard it might be getting canceled." Kevin said. "Because of what happened to Jason."

"Who's Jason and what happened to him?" Veronica asked.

Everyone suddenly went quiet, we stopped talking and sat there for a minute as I locked eyes with Archie. He smiled at me, my heart tightened at the gesture, why did he have to be so darn cute.

I felt someone nudge me, I peeled my eyes away from Archie's and looked over to see Veronica smirking at me.

"Thank you for that moment of silence.
Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally." Cheryl spoke into the microphone, I sent her a small smile as she looked up at me. "Each and every one of you meant the world to Jason. I loved my brother, he was and always will be my soulmate."

"So I speak with the confidence only a twin could have, Jason wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning." Cheryl suddenly smiled widely.  "Jason would want us to move on with our lives, Which is why I've asked the School Board not to cancel the Back-to-School semiformal."

Everyone around me cheered as I smiled shyly, happy that the formal was still happening, but kinda sad that Betty may get her chance with Archie.

"But rather, to let us use it as a way to heal, collectively, and celebrate my brother's too, too short life on this mortal coil." Cheryl finished. "Thank you all."

Authors Note,

So tried to add in the speech from the show! How'd I do? I hope it was okay and you can picture what is happening in your head.

Thanks for reading!

~Robyn