Chapter 31

GRABBING the book from my sketchbook, checking that my pencil was still attached

I sat down at my bay window, the birds chirped loudly indicating that it would hopefully be a lovely day.

"Hey, can we speak?" I heard Betty ask from the doorway, I nodded and scooted over letting her sit. "So, I invited Jughead over for breakfast." She smiled.

I nodded my head and placed the sketchpad next to me, I knew i should be happy that Betty invited my boyfriend over for breakfast, but apart of me felt bad that I wasn't the one to invite him.

"That's great." I said trying to sound happy, Betty must have noticed as she sighed. "What's up?"

"Nothing Bet-." I paused, looked down at my hands. "Do you think I'm a bad girlfriend towards Juggy?" I questioned.

"No, definitely not...You and juggy have so much chemistry it's unreal." She smiled. "You and Jughead are endgame."

I laughed slightly "I just feel like you guys always leave me out, you're always sneaking around together."

"Julie, we're trying to figure out what happened to Jason, what happened to Polly." Betty spoke in a hush tone, I nodded, I wish they would at least include me in on their missions.

"What have you found out?" I asked.

"Dad said that Polly is sick." Said Betty. "He shouted it at me last night, when you were out."

"Oh." Was all I muttered.
.
.
.
We were all sat around the dining table, Betty and Alice were at each end while I was sitting next to Jughead.

The sound of knifes and forks cling aging the plates as the silence was almost defeating.

Alice broke the silence as she looked at Jughead "So, Jughead I suppose we have you to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness?"

Jughead looked angry but also uncomfortable as he looked at me, I sent him a smile and placed my hand on his knee trying to ease his uncomfortableness.

"Actually, Mom, It was Juliet and I who asked Jughead to help write it for the Blue and Gold." Betty spoke, Alice laughed. "Relax, Betty, I'm just making conversation." She smiled.

I understood why Jughead was uncomfortable, So was I. Betty gave us a pointed look as Jughead stoped drinking and placed the cup down. "Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?"

"Sure! I'll show you." Betty smiled, going to get up as Alice stopped her. "No, no, I'll show him." She said standing up.

I thought it would be my obligation to show Jughead to the bathroom since he was my boyfriend, plus Alice didn't even know I was dating him....she probably thought Betty was interested or they had a thing. "Follow me." Alice said walking away.