Chapter 22

MUSIC played through my earphones while my sketchbook lay on my bed

MUSIC played through my earphones while my sketchbook lay on my bed. my My hand was flowing over the paper, my mind coming up with new aspects of ways to make the drawing look better.

Sketching and painting had always been like a drug to me, when I start, I can never stop, not until someone stops me. My mind works in many ways: one day I will want to paint the scenery of the sunset or sunrise, other days I'll want to draw a picture of something I like.

"Done." I exclaimed to myself, taking out my earphones before I looked down at the drawing. It was a drawing of the twilight-drive in, something Jughead holds dear to him, the colors and shading made the picture come to life. I put my signature in the bottle left corner before placing my pencil down.

"Juliet!" My mother called loudly, I groaned and stood up, placing the drawing somewhere safe before walking downstairs.

Alice was waiting for me as she cut up some vegetables. "You called?" I asked sitting on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Alice nodded, but didn't turn around. "How did you get that cut on your head?" She asked me.

"I felt dizzy and fell..." Alice tensed before she placed the knife down and turned to look at me. "Again, you told me you stopped getting dizzy." She exclaimed. "Are the headaches back?"

I nodded my head, Alice sighed. "Will you finish cutting the potatoes for me, I need to get something."

I stood up and started to cut the potato's into small cubes, i knew she was going to get the medication I hated, the tablets that make me worse and even psychotic sometimes.

"Here." Alice spoke while placing the bottle of tablets in front of me. "Take one twice a day."

"Morning and night. Yeah I know." I replied sitting back down at the island, Alice placed a glass of water in front of me. "Take one now."

I obliged and took the tablet, swallowing it down with the water. "That's my girl." Alice exclaimed. "Go get Betty, I need her to help with dinner."
.
.
.
.
Veronica, Kevin and I were sat in the Student Lounge. "It's this quintessential rite of passage, making out with your boyfriend or girlfriend at the movies." Kevin exclaimed as he jumped over the back of the couch I was sitting on. "Right Juliet!"

"Totally." I chuckled while giving him a high five.

"Why don't we go together?" Kevin asked Veronica.

Veronica sighed. "I-I can't promise you any action, but maybe I'll bring you good luck." She told him, I nodded my head at the idea and nudged Kevin.

"Great. another night, another hag." Kevin said as he watched Cheryl walk into the room and over to us. Making Veronica chuckle while I hid mine.

"Speaking of hags." Cheryl spoke giving me a smile before turning to Veronica. "Veronica, it's so devastating to me that your mother has to sink to such unspeakable lows just to keep those knockoff Hermes bags on your arm. What's next, selling her hair extensions?"

"My mom's a waitress, Cheryl, not Fantine." Veronica said. "And your faux concern reeks of ulterior motive."

"Only to remind you of your place in this school, nay, the town's social hierarchy." Cheryl said.

"Threatened much, don't worry. You may be a stock character from a '90s teen movie, but I'm not. and what does any of this have to do with my mom being a waitress?" Veronica stood up to face Cheryl.

"It's Just, I saw her talking to a Southside Serpent last night. In the ally behind pop's. They were having an extremely heated, intimate discussion. See for yourself!" Cheryl said putting her phone in Veronica's face, Kevin walking up behind her while I walked to stand next to Cheryl, she gave me a sideways glance, her smirk turning into a real smile before disappearing.

She gave me a hug before turning around and walking out of the room. "What Just happened." I said turning to look at Veronica. "Are you okay?"

"Who or what is a Southside Serpent?" Veronica asked us both. "And I'm okay, don't worry Julie."

I bit my lip as Kevin told her what a 'Southside Serpent' was. "They're this gang of bikers who pretty much stay on the southside of town, and thank god, 'cause they're sort of dangerous."

"Drug dealers, and Petty thieves." I stated, making Kevin nod.

"Then what was my mom doing with one of them?" Veronica asked.

"I have no idea." I replied.
.
.
.
.
I held Jughead's hand as he looked at the 3D model of the town in mayor McCoy's office. "I'm sorry, but the twilight Drive-in?" It's a blight that becomes a cesspool, and a hangout for criminals." Mayor McCoy stated. "A-and transients, and the Deal's done, Andrews Construction is scheduled to demolish the lot on Monday."

"Are you sure there's nothing we can do?" I asked, getting kind of annoyed. She shook her head at me.

"Mayor McCoy! when I was a kid, my my family and I would go to the drive-in all the time." Jughead said, letting go of my hand and sat down, I stayed standing and walked behind him before resting my hands onto his shoulders. "We couldn't afford tickets for everyone so my sister Jellybean and I would hide in the trunk until we parked. We'd sneak out." I smiled at his memory.

Jughead chuckled softly "it's like my home."

Mayor McCoy looked over at Jughead. "That's a very sweet sentiment, Mr Jones, but the future of Riverdale is at stake." She spoke softy.

"I remember when I was first adopted." I spoke up. "The Cooper's took me to the drive-in...my first day with them, I remember it being amazing, magical even." I sighed.

"That was a beautiful memory, Juliet, but I'm sorry, it's out of my hands, now." Mayor McCoy spoke.
.
.
.
I was sat on my bed, holding a key in my hand. I knew I had do this, I can't keep who I am a secret any longer.

I walked over to my walk in wardrobe and kneeled down, pulling a hidden plank of wood away, showing the hole in the wall, i reached in and pulled out the old box.

I pushed the key in and turned it, hearing the click as it opened.

I pulled out the thing that I hid away and held it out in in front of me. It was a leather jacket, not any leather jacket but a special one.

It was a Southside Serpent jacket.

Authors Note!

I have so much I want to do with her being apart of the Southside Serpents! Well you will fine out why in the next chapter! That one won't be following the show since I want her to explain why she has the jacket!

~Robyn