Chapter 23

I WALKED over to my car, holding the jacket tightly in my hand, I drove towards the place i thought I would never return to

My real parents were apart of the Southside Serpents, they still are, they put me up for adoption when I was 10 years old, well more like gave me away, I knew what the Serpents were, they were the ones who gave me the jacket with my own studs and told me to hide it.

I pulled up and walked over to the bar called The White Wrym, pushing the door open, immediately the music reached my ears as cheering and laughing made me almost roll my eyes.

"You came back." The voice I recognized as my real mother, Jennifer Blythe, say.

I turned around and saw her standing there with her drink held tightly in her hand. "I knew you would come back." She smirked.

"You're the one who gave me away." I sneered "I didn't have to come back."

"But you did." She placed her drink down and pulled the jacket out of my hands. "Put it on, it's who you are."She held it out and helped me put on the jacket, pulling my hair out from under the jacket and straightened out the collar.

Something about wearing this jacket made me feel powerful, safe even. "There, you look badass." She laughed.

"Is that you? Juliet?" I looked over and saw my old best friend, Joaquin DeSantos, I ran over to him and gave him the biggest hug ever. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

He let out a whistle and grabbed my hand, twirling me around. "Love the touch with the studs on the jacket." He praised. "Do you still know how to ride a motorbike?" He smirked.

I smirked back. "Of course, I bet I can still beat you!" I laughed, when Joaquin and I were 10 we got taught how to ride a motorbike, it was fun and always a competition between us, even though it's been awhile, I think I still know how to race.

"You're on, Blythe!" He smiled. "It's actually Cooper now." I corrected him. He nodded. "Okay, got it."

Jennifer smiled at the both of us as we walked outside, we both agreed on not wearing helmets since we had to hold up the reputation of the Southside serpents. "Where are we racing to?" I asked.

"All of us are going to the Twilight drive-in, some of us are there now." Jennifer replied, as she parked the motorbike next to me, i got on and started up the engine, the drive-in. didn't Veronica say she was going there with Kevin?

"What about my friends, they don't know about me being a..."

"Serpent?" Joaquin asked "Isn't it time you showed them the real you?"

Maybe he was right. I can't be ashamed of who I am anymore.

I waited until Jennifer gave us the signal to go. "Ready!...Set!...GO!" She shouted.

We both raced off, I forgot how magnificent it was to ride a motorbike, the wind flowed through my hair as it blew behind me, the smell of burning tires, smelled like home. I couldn't stop the smile from gracing my face while I raced passed Joaquin.

It wasn't long until I saw the entrance to the drive-in, Joaquin and I were side by side as a few of the other Southside Serpents were behind us, my nerves bubbled up inside of me as I thought about what my family and friends would think.

I stopped by the entrance and saw my three friends, Kevin, Veronica and Cheryl.

"Are you ready?" Joaquin asked. I nodded. "That's my girl."

The others had already drove passed them as I saw Veronica give a look of disgust at them, I felt a little bit angry at that.

"Fuck it!" I exclaimed before I started up my bike, Joaquin laughed as we both stared to race towards the others, I made my bike go really fast before I did a turn that stopped me by the others. The tires let out a burning smell as I got off the bike. The others clapped and smiled at my trick.

Joaquin pulled up and laughed. "You Win, you should have seen their faces."

I looked over my friends, like Joaquin said, shock covered their faces. "It was nice seeming you again." I said smiling.

Joaquin nodded at me and smiled. "You too bestie!" He shouted while I started walking towards the others. "Hey guys."

"Don't Hey us! What was that?" Veronica asked, I looked down and hopped into the back of the truck. "It's who I really am, here's my story."

Flashback aka memory

"Juliet!" Jennifer shouted running after me, I shook my head, tears falling down my face. "Juliet!"

I ran into the living room and stood behind the couch. "I thought I told you to stand up for yourself!" She shouted at me.

"I'm sorry! I was scared!"

"Well, you should have, you're a serpent, you have priorities, and one of them is to stand up for yourself." Jennifer sighed. "Sometimes I wish I had gave you up, gave you your better chance."

"Maybe I can, maybe when you're older you can come back to me." She smiled.

"Mom, I don't thi-" she held her finger up. "Alice Cooper has been looking to adopt, maybe she'll take you!"
.
.

"And that she did, she was drunk and sent me away for not doing something right." I said wiping my tears away. "I'm glad she did though, I'm with you guys."

Cheryl, Veronica and Kevin smiled at me. "We all still love you, serpent or not." Kevin spoke, placing his hand on my cheek.

What did I do to deserve these guys?

Authors Note

Are you guys Okay with Julie being a serpent? I thought it would be easier to fit her in with Jughead's story line. Hope your okay with her being One.

~Robyn