Chapter 16

BETTY, Veronica, Kevin, Archie and I were all sat in the student lounge, I was chewing on a strawberry twizzler while scrolling through Instagram on my phone

"So, are you a suspect now?" Veronica asked, I looked up, suddenly intrigued by the conversation.

"My dad says we all are, including me" Kevin replied, I took another twizzler from the packet and put my phone into my pocket. Kevin sent me a look and pulled the packet further away from me, making me pout.

"Not me, Girl, I don't know theses people." Veronica stated, fiddling with her coffee cup. "But that could also make you more of a suspect." I playfully pointed out, watching as she laughed lightly.

"Guys!" Kevin spoke looking at all of us. "Should we maybe re-binge 'making of a murderer' on Netflix tonight?" He finished, making us all slightly laugh.

"Sorry Juliet and I can't, we gotta stay late to work on the paper." Betty said as she reached over and took something form the table and stated to eat it. "Count me out, too." Veronica spoke. "I've got a date tonight."

"You do?" Archie asked, I could tell he felt a little jealous since I think he developed a little crush on her overtime, I looked at him before looking back at Veronica.

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin asked. "Yeah, who did the Riverdale beauty take a liking to?" I raised my brow and smirked.

She went to answer before we all heard someone shout "Hey, Vee-Lo. I'll swing by Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00?" Chuck Clayton (the schools biggest player) said looking at Veronica while putting his coat on.

"I'll be waiting." Veronica replied, smiling to herself.

"Cool." Chuck smirked as he and his friends walked out.

"Oh hell Naw!" I exclaimed, looking straight towards Veronica, she looked confused as I stood up and walked over to the vending machine buying some water from it, This drama is making me dehydrated.

"Chuck Clayton?" Betty asked at the same time as Kevin spoke. "You're going on a date with Chuck?"

"He's kinda a player." Betty stated.

"Kinda? More like he could own a company all about it." I scoffed, walking over and sitting on the arm of Archie's chair, a bottle of water in my hand that I offered to Archie.

My arm was propped up against the back of his chair while I rested my head in my hand. Archie handed me the water back as I took a sip for myself.

"Who cares? He's the hottest of hot, and he's varsity Football coaches son, in Riverdale that's like dating a Kennedy."

"He's not that hot, I've seen better." I spoke, shaking my head slightly.

"That's because you're dating Jughead." Kevin replied, I shrugged, Jughead was so much better then Chuck, I heard and been a victim to what Chuck does to the girls he dates, but it looked like what ever we do, Veronica won't listen.
.
.
.
Betty and I were standing in a classroom, As I fiddled with something I heard a voice speak. "If print journalism is dead, what am I doing here?" Jughead spoke as he walked into the room. "The blue and gold isn't dead, Juggy." Betty spoke out.

"It's just dormant, but waking up." Betty continued while I continued to look through some things that were on the desk, I felt an arm wrap around my waist and lips press against my head.

"Your wring a novel, right? About Jason Blossom's death?" Betty asked, but it was more like she already knew the answer.

"I am." Jughead replied. "Riverdale's very own in cold blood."

I leaned into Jughead's side as he was looking at a magnifying glass. "Which, started out as a series of articles." I spoke. "So Betty and I were hoping you
Would come and write for he blue and gold?" I pouted making him smile down at me.

"I just don't think the school paper's the right fit for my voice." Jughead replied.

"Juggy, Jason's death changed Riverdale." Betty spoke softly.

"It's true, people don't want to admit that, but it's true, we all feel it." I spoke, feeling Jughead's hand lace with mine as he continued to listen to Betty and I, Betty was standing in front of us as she stated do speak.

"Nothing this bad was ever supposed to happen here, but it did, we both want to know why," She spoke looking at me before looking back at Jughead.

"Would I get complete freedom?" Jughead asked, making me laugh slightly.

"We will both help, and edit, and suggest, well maybe Juliet on the suggests since she's got a more creative mind then me." Betty said.

"But it's your story, Juggy, your voice." I spoke, looking up at Jughead who looked down at me.

"Doesn't sound like complete freedom, but, I'm in." He said smiling, making me smile.

"Okay great! Um, in that case, I have your first assignment, there is one person who was at the lake on July 4th that nobody is talking about." Betty spoke, looking at us both.

"Dilton Doiley and his Scouts." Jughead finished for her.

"Exactly." Betty smiled, Jughead nodded and pulled me towards the door with him.
.
.
.
.
I was laying on my bed with Jughead, he was talking about the novel he was writing and about the blue and gold paper, I loved the sound of his voice, it made me happy even in my low days, everything about him was perfect to me.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" Jughead asked as he turned onto his side to look at me, I smiled at him and reached over to twirl the piece of black hair that fell in front of his forehead.

"Of course I am." I spoke, pulling my arm back, he quickly took my hand in his and held it. "I love you." He whispered, I froze for a second, my heart was beating fast as I finally heard them 3 words spoken.

"I love you, Jughead." I smiled, a wide grin spread across his face as he reached over and kissed me, I placed my hand on his cheek and deepened the kiss.

Well we all know what happened next....if you don't let me just say...she ain't innocent anymore people!
.
.
.
Authors Note,

I feel like it was too soon but it just happened. Tell me what you think.

~Robyn

Here is another mood board