Chapter 5

I WAS sitting next to Cheryl while wearing my blue and white cheerleading uniform with logo of the 'River vixens' across the front

Veronica and Betty stood in front of us as they both did the school cheer. "We're blue! And go! We're dynamite! We'll take you down, and fight the fight!" They cheered. "Whoo,Go, Bulldogs!"

"Hmm." Cheryl hummed as she starred straight towards the two girls, I gave a quick thumbs up to Betty as she gave me a quick smile.

"Ladies, where's the heat? Where's the sizzle?" Said Cheryl asked sternly. I rolled my eyes at her tone and leaned back on my chair.

"Well, you haven't seen our big finish yet." Veronica spoke looking towards Betty and then back towards Cheryl. I raised my brow as Betty looked at Veronica in questioning, what the hell could Veronica be up to?

I watched as Veronica pulled Betty towards her and crashed their lips together, I gasped as a few other people whispered and giggled, 'what the hell is happening?' I thought while slightly smirking.

They both pulled away as Betty turned to look straight at me with shock written all over her face. "Well that was surprising." I spoke up looking over at Cheryl who didn't look impressed and crossed her arms.

"Check your sell-by date, ladies, faux lesbian kissing hasn't been taboo since 1994." Cheryl stated. "So let's see if you do better with the interview portion of our audition."

"Betty–how's your sister doing?" Cheryl continued making me look towards her with shock plastering my face.

"Um, Polly's fine, thanks for asking." Betty muttered quietly, I leaned over to Cheryl and whispered . "Don't Cheryl."

"Veronica, has Betty told you about her sister yet?" Cheryl asked ignoring me completely. "Cheryl, stop it!" I whispered slightly louder.

"Uh, no." Veronica replied as she quickly looked over at Betty who was looking towards the floor, I sighed and stood up, walking over to where Betty was standing and took hold of her hand. "Juliet! Get back here!" Cheryl demanded as I shook my head.

Cheryl sighed before speaking again. "Go ahead Betty, tell Veronica about your sister and my dear brother"

Betty squeezed my hand and gave me a certain look, I sighed and looked towards Veronica. "Polly and Jason dated." I spoke up for Betty.

Cheryl scoffed as she uncrossed her arms and placed them on the arms of her chair. "I wouldn't say 'dated'"

"It didn't end well." Betty spoke up as she started to fidget with my hand.

"In fact, Jason's probably why your sister had a nervous breakdown and now lives in a group home, isn't it?" Cheryl asked, trying to get under Betty's skin.

"Enough Cher-." I tried to say before Betty cut me off.

"That's what my parents think." She spoke quietly.

"What do you have to say about that Betty?" I looked towards Betty and Veronica as Cheryl continued. "Go ahead, the floor is yours.
Whatever you've been dying to spew about Jason and how he treated Polly, ....unleash it. Destroy me!" She challenged.

I felt a painful pressure on my hand as I looked down to see Betty digging her nails into my palm, it hurt like a bitch but I didn't say anything, as i continued to listen to what Cheryl was saying.

"Tear me a new one, rip me to shreds, annihilate me." Cheryl finished.

"I just–" Betty started as I heard Cheryl whisper "finally." I sent Betty a comforting look as she still dug her nails into my hand, she was probably drawing blood, but at this moment I didn't really care, I don't even think Betty realized.

She finally let go of my hand as she sighed, I looked down at my hand to see five indents with blood flowing out freely, I carefully hid my hand behind my back, hiding it away from Cheryl's view, I could tell that Betty saw my hand as she looked shocked and sent me a apologetic look. "It's okay." I whispered.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened to Jason.
I can't even imagine what you and your family must be going through." Betty spoke kindly.

"Right." Cheryl whispered. "Veronica!" She suddenly shouted happily. "Welcome to the river vixens, Betty, better luck next time." Cheryl ended with an angry look.

I stepped forward and scoffed. "Really Cheryl! My sister deserves to be on the squad, she has tried her best and is way better then most girls in the room!" I shouted towards Cheryl as she placed a unamused look upon her face. "Keep talking to me like that, Juliet, and you will be off the river vixens."

"But I'm Co-Captain! I have a say in who is on the team and off the team." I tried to reason with her. "You're blowing your luck with me, Juliet!" She sneered.

"Julie, stop!" Betty said dragging me back.

Veronica gave me a look before she started to speak. "Why can't Betty be on the squad?" She asked, "is it Because you couldn't bully her into being a bitch?"

"I need girls with fire on my squad." Cheryl said. "Well I'm not a bitch and I certainly don't have fire." I muttered as Betty hooked her arm around mine. "You can be and do sometimes." Betty whispered.

"I know what you need, Cheryl, because I know who you are." I watched as Cheryl went to speak but Veronica cut her off. " You would rather people fear you than like you, so you traffic in terror and intimidation." She walked forward slightly "You're rich, so you've never been held accountable, but I'm a living proof. That certainty, that entitlement you wear on your head like a crown? It won't last."

I looked towards Veronica in awe as she stuck up for my sister, maybe Veronica would be a good friend for our group, maybe should would fit in with us.

"Eventually, there will be a reckoning, Or...Maybe that reckoning is now, And maybe, that reckoning Is me." Veronica said walking forwards at every word. "Betty and I come as a matching set, you want one of us..you take us both. You wanted fire, sorry Cherrybombshell, my specialty's ice."

I smirked as Betty smiled to herself.

"That Cheryl, is why you don't mess with family." I said, I saw Veronica look back at me with a little look of shock appearing on her face, making me smile, yeah she would be like a sister to me now.

Authors Note,

Sorry it's so long! I just need to fit that whole scene into this chapter, I hope you liked it, I didn't realize how hard it would be to add your own character into the show.

Follow!

Vote!

Comment!

~Robyn