Chapter 44

MY EYES fluttered open as a loud commotion came from within the room I was in, it started to get louder

Betty and Jughead were arguing, closing my eyes i pretended to sleep, not wanting to intrude or make anything worse.

"You do know my dad has a drinking problem, right?" He asked her.

"Of course I do." She spoke using her innocent voice "I didn't think people would be drinking tonight, I didn't plan on Chuck and Cheryl and the rest of the school crashing, Okay? This was supposed to be just friends."

"You, Juliet and Archie are my friends, okay?" He spoke back, a tinge of annoyance in his voice, I slowly sat up and looked towards them, obviously the didn't notice i was awake.

Archie's dog came and laid down on my lap.

"Everyone else, including Kevin, including Veronica are people that two months ago I would've actually shunned." Jughead continued.

"Why?"

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm weird." Jughead spoke "I'm a weirdo, I don't fit in and I don't wanna fit in. Have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on? That's weird."

"Why are you getting so upset? It's just a party,jug." Betty asked.

"It's not just a party, it's that fact that you don't know or even care that this is the last thing I would want." Jughead argued "you did this for you, to prove something."

"To prove what?" She snapped back.

"You're a great friend? I don't know." I shook my head and silently stood up, walking over to the door and leaving, they didn't notice as they were too involved in their mini argument.

"There she is!" Archie exclaimed as he walked over and hugged me, he smelled like alcohol, I held my breathe and shut my eyes fighting the urge to take the drink and chug it down.

He pulled away and grabbed the drink from the table and filled it up, pushing it towards me "here, drink something, live a little!" He slurred.

I bit my lip and shrugged, picking up the drink and downing it, Archie chuckled and high fives me "like a champ!" He praised.

"I gotta go." He said as he walked outside, I walked over to the couch and sat down not forgetting to bring the bottle of alcohol instead of the cup, what can i say? Drinking from the bottle tastes way more better.
.
.
.
The party was still going on as I was slightly tipsy, maybe even fully drunk but it depends on who you ask.