~Chapter 4~

CAREFULLY bringing my legs up to my chest, I inhaled sharply, starring towards the scenery, birds chirping, leaves shook in the barley non-excitant wind

"What are you doing out here?" I recognized the voice of my sister as she sat beside be, turning my head I gave her a tiny smile. "Admiring the view."

"There's more to it." She said looking around. I immediately looked down at my hands, exhaling a breath I was holding in.

"Am I actually like a sister to you?" I asked, Betty turned her head and frowned.

"Of course, Juliet." She replied, a small frown playing on her lips.

"You sure about that?" I let out a breathy laugh.

"Juliet, you may be adopted and all–but you're my sister, you always will be." She smiled. "You're Juliet Fricken Cooper!"

"Very True." I laughed.

Betty giggled and nodded, she placed her hand on mine and sighed. "It's beautiful out here." I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it really is."

My eyes skimmed around the school area and smiled, I had always like this spot, it was near the front entrance but also away from any distractions and annoying people, something I loved.

"So, how's your progress with Archie coming along?" I asked Betty, she blushed and tilted her head down to look at her feet. "Fine, i still need to tell him about my– urm—"

"Crush." I laughed as she nodded her head. "Don't be afraid of saying the word Betty! It's just a simple five letter word."

"A five letter word with a lot of meaning to it." Betty spoke.

"I know, having a crush means to care for someone, to be attracted to them, but to also get over it with time." I spoke turning back to look at the scenery.

"I don't think I will ever get over him."

"Maybe you won't, you never know what the future will bring." I said, turning to look at her again.

Betty sighed and shifted her body so she was leaning up against the arm of the bench, her legs propped up against her chest like mine. "I'm just scared of ruining our friendship."

I knew she meant her and Archie as she said 'our' I knew she was scared and didn't want to ruin what they have, hell I'd don't even want them dating full stop.

"Well, why don't you start living in the present and not in the past, yeah you may be best friends, but if you don't try to do what your heart is telling you." I paused as she looked at me with a mixture of shock and pride. "You may never know what the outcome will be."

Saying the words of encouragement to my sister was painful, she had no clue that I fancied the same boy as her, she may never know, I doubt Archie would ever like me anyway, I'm sometimes shy, plus it would be a cliche for the footballer to date the cheerleader and I'm sure Archie isn't one for a cliche.

"Maybe you're right Juliet, thanks." She smiled, I heard the bell ring as i groaned. "Let's go to class." Betty said as she stood up, holding out her soft hand for me to take.

"Okay." I muttered as I followed Betty, still thinking about the redheaded boy who I was surely falling for more and more each day.

Authors Note,

This chapter wasn't obviously following the script as I improvised this scene, I need everyone to know that Juliet was adopted by Alice Cooper, that's why she had red hair.

Follow!

Comment!

Vote!

~Robyn